aaa Awww Helll!!! (X2) - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Awww Helll!!! (X2)

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             03-Sep-98  @  04:14 AM   -   Awww Helll!!! (X2)

influx

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Okay-Its been a while really, for me, so I figger I can ask another question and hope that some wise (ass) person will pick up and help me out.
2 questions:
1) Using my Emax board as a controller and for drums simultaneously, is there any way to use the arpeggiator on a slave synth, and not affect the drums coming from the emax? (does that make sense?)

2)and this kinda makes #1 useless for now:
The floppy drive in the Emax is getting very picky as to what it will read-a very cool person sent me quite a few sound disks a while back. At the time, only half would load, now even less than that!!  Included now in the ones that wont is the 808 disk that I was very fond of!
Could this be due to the fact that the disks are all HD, when Emu specifies DSDD disks? Or is my drive going...going...going...gone? In which case, what do I do? Im crying here, so please give me a hanky!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             03-Sep-98  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: Awww Helll!!! (X2)

Sedusa

See, I've never been able to FORMAT a HD disk, much less write samplesets to 'em.. So I dunno.. My emax won't deal with the HDs at all.. But you say that your Emax WAS registering these HD disks, and now it's not.. I don't know, really.. Beat up someone with an old Mac or drag out those old floppies you had when you had an XT (YOu know you did, don't deny it) and try to use 'em.. Are all of your disks HD? If not, have you experienced any anomalies with the DSDD disks? If so, your drive might be suffering degradation.. If you try out both ways, and it's still fucked up, Email me and I'll call Emu for you (Cuz it's a local call.. I live 6 miles away from 'em) and ask 'em about drives

Message 3/7             03-Sep-98  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: Awww Helll!!! (X2)

influx

thanks Sedusa, I knew you were probably the best source of info here, at least about the Emax, but I was hoping...
Hey! what about the arp thing?

Message 4/7             04-Sep-98  @  03:42 AM   -   RE: Awww Helll!!! (X2)

xoxos

before i replaced the drive in my mirage i could use hd most of the time, afterwards, never. lost nice stuff.

good luck, i guess.

xoxos.

Message 5/7             04-Sep-98  @  07:27 AM   -   RE: Awww Helll!!! (X2)

Influx

THANKS for the encouragement!!!!

Message 6/7             04-Sep-98  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: Awww Helll!!! (X2)

xoxos

shucks.. all i'm saying is if you get that stuff to boot, get it on a dd asap!

xoxos.

Message 7/7             05-Sep-98  @  03:28 AM   -   RE: Awww Helll!!! (X2)

influx

You think its the disks and not the drive? I still wonder. Kilo?
any other Emax users?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)