aaa from a lamer with no real kit... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: from a lamer with no real kit...

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             22-Aug-98  @  02:17 AM   -   from a lamer with no real kit...

ratfink

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

sigh...i'm fuckin' tired of the whole runaround: wishing for real gear, not getting it, searching for latest soft synths, proggs, learning them, filling up my hard disk...blah blah I'm just gonna fuckin live with what i have and fucking get some tunes together for my own pleasure and bestow them upon my admiring fans (wife, kid, drinking buddies) so there...

all you guys out there in the real world keep it up; you're all inspirations

i'm getting good at it too...if i do say so myself

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             22-Aug-98  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: from a lamer with no real kit...

Will

Try to get hold of a used XG soundcard. But I dont know if you'll be able to find one very easily in the 3rd world (Or am I just ignorant) But it will shit on any softsynyh or whatever you get.

Message 3/7             26-Aug-98  @  10:44 PM   -   RE: from a lamer with no real kit...

Hey you in the "unreal" world

be happy that you have all these softsynths and being
able to learn..

also be happy bec. of your "fans" (KID and WIFE)

all is okay, man

just put up some of your Stuff on a free Homepage and
thatīs it !

Message 4/7             27-Aug-98  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: from a lamer with no real kit...

ratfink

xg as in yamaha xg50? (the one kilo was raving about?) yeah i considered that, also the, damn i don't remember oh yeah yamaha tg-33 cause it was so cheap, but at the last minute i bought a new hard disk instead, cause i use my pc for work too. but come end of year tax refund, who knows?

hey will: how'd you know i was in the 3rd world (gear here sure is pricey)

Message 5/7             28-Aug-98  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: from a lamer with no real kit...

Will

I read it in annother thread- cant remember which one. I do mean the DB50xg yeah the one Kilo raves about, but he's so right!! Its basically like having a Yamaha CS1x in your computer and with software you can edit the sounds to death. You can layer pads and get really nice resonant synth sweeps and all sorts of crazy stuff like that. I mean sure its not full of amazing presets. But relying on presets is a bad way to go. If you get used to editing sounds yourself, then you can come up with the goods! I've actually got an SW60XG which is the same, but is a card in itself and has its own output. The DB50 is a daughterboard that you connect to your existing soundcard to use its output- Do not get the daughterboard if you current card suffers from bad noise It will do the sounds no justice and you will never get a decent recording out of it. Oh I think the TG33 has similar patch sounds to the cards.

Message 6/7             28-Aug-98  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: from a lamer with no real kit...

Richie

Ok, I reckon a few people are going to slate me for suggesting this but.....

Have you seen the Yamaha DJX keyboard? I have just read the review and while it is not aimed in any way at the serious musician it does seem like a lot of fun. And I might add that if this keyboard had been around when I was broke and had nothing but a pc I would probably have bought it. Ok so it looks really cheesy but then it is aimed at the sort of wanna-be kids who's parents arent going to have the money to fork out 1000+ for a very basic studio setup and have the kids lose interest in a week.
you can sample into it...it has controls for filter/resonance, built in rythms etc.....
The only reason I mentioned this is because at 269ukp it has to be the cheapest stand alone dance synth around.

Or get a used awe card / ok I slagged mine of in a different thread but if you can stretch to an awe64gold then you have 4meg of memory for samples...Which is plenty, and you can apply filter and resonance to them,

All I'm going to say about the sw60xg card and the db50xg is that even with my current 'real' gear setup I really miss having one (I sold it to my dad). Well worth purchasing if your on a low buget...

Sorry for rambling on and on and on..... but just don't lose interest man!
Just get what you can... beg, borrow, and don't lose your enthusiasm!!!!!

Respect....

Message 7/7             28-Aug-98  @  10:04 PM   -   RE: from a lamer with no real kit...

i know what you mean about that new yammi djx keyboard. people will slag you for buying it but
it does seem to have a lot(for the money). sampling plus ribbon controller and arpregiator. it'd be good just for controlling your other, older kit. an arpregiator does wonders in my opinion...

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)