aaa Steinberg B.Box - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Steinberg B.Box

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             08-Jun-98  @  06:21 AM   -   Steinberg B.Box

beat69

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Steinberg/Lexicon did an in-store thing at the local Guitar Center I work at .. I got chummy with one of the guys from Steinberg and he showed me the final version of B.Box (Bram Bros famed successor to Hammerhead). Basically it is Hammerhead with a facelift! Instead of 6 channels now you get a grand total of 8. As before, the internal effects is distortion.. nothing more. But what had to be the single most dissapointing thing was the fact their were no sync options. I was hoping because it was a "Steinberg" (sort of) product they would have it sync up with Cubase VST or Rebirth, not a chance. There isn't even a midi sync option. The only apparent changes I saw were the graphix, 2 more channels then before, and stereo .wavs were supported. Steinberg should have bought the rights to Fruity Loops !

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             08-Jun-98  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: Steinberg B.Box

JohnDo

Hammerhead got me into making computer originated music. I'll probably buy Fruity Loops soon, the new beta (1.2.12)is getting close to my ideal loop creator, stereo wave pans, decay etc. But I hope Bram got a big Wad from Steinberg to licence anyway, he deserved it. Ha. Also hope he develops it further tho.

Message 3/7             08-Jun-98  @  11:12 PM   -   RE: Steinberg B.Box

beat69

yeah I thought Hammerhead was great, I find it funny how he poked at Propeller Heads for going to Steinberg in the read me though .. I hope he expands on his B. Box too, and I hope Steinberg doesn't charge an arm and a leg, because as of now, Fruity Loops is miles ahead.

Message 4/7             31-Jul-98  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: Steinberg B.Box

vanduo

The problem with Steinberg is that it doesnt want B-Box to be a competitor for Rebirth, thats why it doesnt have virtually any effects and no sync.
Steinberg is a bitch

Message 5/7             31-Jul-98  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: Steinberg B.Box

kilo

well, have any of you tried Zap's Little Drummer Boy s/ware??

Message 6/7             31-Jul-98  @  04:04 PM   -   RE: Steinberg B.Box

Fingers

hooked on fuity loops...there again i dont need no sync...

Message 7/7             31-Jul-98  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: Steinberg B.Box

chad_mitchell

lil drummer boy sounds thin, like doing drums in makin waves- fruity loops rocks.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)