aaa software sidechaining - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: software sidechaining

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             14-Aug-04  @  12:03 PM   -   software sidechaining

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I wanted to use the sidechain of a software compressor for the first time and realized I didn't have a clue on how to tell the compressor "this signal is for the sidechain stupid". Oh yes, I have several software compressors and they are all stupid. They never seem to quite get what it is I want them to do. How do you route a signal through a software compressor? Using Sonar Producer 3. If anyone has that and knows how to use sidechain in the Cakewalk compressor that would be apples to apples.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             14-Aug-04  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: software sidechaining

k

Link?:  Link

well, i dunno if any of them REALLY can do true sidechaning can they? (in that they can take a sidechain source from ANY audio source besides the original programme material

Waves C1 does it but as far as i know it used a filter of the original signal, i dont think you can sidechain a bassline from a kik for example

but it's not something I looked into really cos I have hardware if i want that

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             14-Aug-04  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: software sidechaining

sitar

I imagine it can be done because the cakewalk compressor has always had a sidechain function. I'll try to figure it out....

Message 4/7             14-Aug-04  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: software sidechaining

beds

you can do it with the logic compressor, gate etc.

Message 5/7             14-Aug-04  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: software sidechaining

milan

yeah sure... you can sidechain anything in Logic. vst's, audio tracks etc... i think the question is how do you do it Sonar?

Message 6/7             14-Aug-04  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: software sidechaining

k

indeed

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/7             17-Aug-04  @  04:14 AM   -   RE: software sidechaining

SignalRunners - Andrew

If you're looking for a really simple sidechain there's always the ghetto fabulous volume envelope automation

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)