aaa traktor.. - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: traktor..

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             02-Jan-04  @  03:08 PM   -   traktor..

swanofnever

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hey,
i've been fooling around with traktor, and i was wondering -- how are people using it? are there any soundcards which actually have two seperate stereo outputs? are there any _laptop_ soundcards which provide 2 stereo outs?

because as cool as it is, you really need seperate monitor+main outs or it's a bit pointless..

or am i completely missing something?

raigan

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             02-Jan-04  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: traktor..

RagnarOk

Link?: Link

If I remember correctly you can use it in mono (eg. left channel is out, right is monitor out). You need some kind of converter for the jack plug though.

Message 3/7             02-Jan-04  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: traktor..

Boo

Link?:  Link

I play parties with Traktor sometimes. It's certainly a cool program.

Re: Soundcards:

You can either:

a) Use an audio interface for the house mix and use the laptop's internal audio (Headphone socket) for your cue mix.

or

b) Get one of these:

http://www.audiomidi.com/common/cfm/product.cfm?Product_ID=3920

It's funny, now I've set all my cues and beat grids up in Traktor, I often don't even bother listening to the cue mix. Once you know that two tracks work together, you can pretty much work without any headphones.

Boo.

Message 4/7             02-Jan-04  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: traktor..

swanofnever

hey,
thanks for the info -- i may have to dj for an art show, so (since the music won't be the focus of the evening) i'm sure i'll be able to get away with mono. but that soundcard looks pretty nice ;)

raigan

Message 5/7             02-Jan-04  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: traktor..

swanofnever

hey,
sorry -- meant to ask: does anyone know of a surround-sound (i.e "dolby 5.1" type deal -- NOT "3D surround faked with stereo") laptop card? (i.e the laptop equivalent of an sblive).. the card boo posted is nice, but.. i'm poor ;(

raigan

Message 6/7             02-Jan-04  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: traktor..

Boo

Link?:  Link

If you want a soundcard just for Traktor, I'd suggest just setting up your beat grids and cues. Honestly, you won't need another soundcard with a cue mix output in the end, once you know your tracks intimately.

Save some money!

Message 7/7             03-Jan-04  @  05:44 PM     Edit: 03-Jan-04  |  05:46 PM   -   RE: traktor..

Steve Roughley

I use Traktor all the time. Great program for mixing (could do with finer pitch control though). Anyways, when using Traktor, it is best not to rely on beat-grids when playing live as you will probably improvise alot of the set, so for cueing, if you have a multiple-output audio card, connect a cable to the second stereo output that ends in a stereo RCA pair. Then buy a stereo RCA to mini-jack converter and a mini-jack barrel. Use the mini-jack barrel to connect the mini-jack-to-RCA converter to your headphones. The converter and the barrel will set yoiu back about £3.

Regards.

Steve.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)