aaa anyone else ever wonder? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: anyone else ever wonder?

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Original Message                 Date: 19-Mar-04  @  08:13 PM   -   anyone else ever wonder?

influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

this is a post I threw up somewhere else. Didnt know what forum...go ahead and razz me if you think I chose the wrong one:

"I just spent the last few weeks doing some major changes in my studio setup. soundproofing, new desk, new audio interface.

and now I cant write jack shit. Ive had less and less hardware over the last few years, and my output has dropped significantly. The sound quality is much _cleaner_ now, and I have far more power at my disposal than ever before, but...

everything feels so cold and clinical now! That feeling of grabbing my old akai AX-60, juno106, waldorf pulse...gone. Now its just a mouse and a screen. I still have my virus of course, but somehow even that isnt as exciting anymore because I just make some sounds and then record them into cubase.

some of you are gonna shit their pants, but I actually kinda miss sequencing in midi. I dont miss HW sequencers, but...my old Atari Falcon! Yes, Im serious.

midi sequencing, realtime mixdowns (sending to effects, channel fades, playing with mutes)

I know Im definitely going against the grain here, as everyone is so in love with all that computers offer (heh, the thought of not having a UAD-1 anymore gives me the shakes I tell ya!)

but...anyone else think that maybe, truly, honestly, technology is slowly but surely removing the humanity from the music making equation?

Im not only talking about the "anyone can do it" aspect even though that is clearly true, but...just..the spontaneity, the hands on feel? the..."realness" of it?

oh and btw...nectarios..PLEASE...we know where you stand so...if youre gonna pull the "digital sucks" thing..just save it, ok? "

(the last part is for this guy there that CONSTANTLY throws his "yeah well, my ____ analog sounds WAY better than ____"

gets fckin old, so I dropped a preemptive strike on 'im

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 61/107             29-Mar-04  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

battleship

Link?:  No link

Oh yeah, and as for all the people who did tolkien rock, you can't forget the KLF!

Message 62/107             30-Mar-04  @  01:13 AM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

mcc>

did they have hairy feet too?
: )

Message 63/107             30-Mar-04  @  08:18 AM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

dub-munkey

tolkien rools....tolkien rock doesn't (even though i love led zep!)...i could def be inspired by tolkien but it wouldn't be elves, orcs, the fall of numenor etc...moreover the landscapes and countryside it all happens in....

his dark materials was v inspiring

currently reading the dark tower by s king (hhhhhmmmmm am not quite sure about this one)

greg

Message 64/107             30-Mar-04  @  03:03 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

craig

Link?: Link

I love that series. In fact, I just love Stephen King. Also read The Talisman and Black house (they go together), and also Eyes of the Dragon and The Stand. All of these books, and a few more (it's been a few years) all fit together into a grand scheme of sorts with the Dark Tower series.

Great shit. I still have Nightmares and Dreamscapes sitting on the shelf I haven't read yet..

-Craig

Message 65/107             30-Mar-04  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

dub-munkey

i think the DT series has to start to deliver (apparantly WOTC does) but yeah have heard they are all inter connected....my mates gonna read the stand to get a proper handle on the whole flagg thing.....

its a bit confusing though when he sets himself in these stories...couldn't the hero's of the DT series just pick up the DT books to see what happens to them?

luckily they'll never make a film of them (soooooo wouldn't work)

greg

Message 66/107             30-Mar-04  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

battleship

Funny you guys are reading DT. I just picked up the series again and I'm right in the middle of book four. I don't know what king was trying to do with three, cause that story sucked serious ass, (a talking train? whatever!). Books one and two, I thought, were pretty good, and four is doing a bit to redeem some of that with all the prehistory stuff, but I'm still pissed about that stupid talking train.

What's all this stuff about putting himself in the story, is that in five? nevermind, I'll find out soon enough. If its as lame as the talking ing train though, I'll be really upset.

Message 67/107             30-Mar-04  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

milan

Dark Tower eh? i just finished book five, read them all in the course of last 10 years or so

talking train? aw come on, blaine the pain was cool!  

ya... i think king is just trying to connect all the stuff he wrote together, like some greater masters have done in the past, but dunno if he can pull it off. apparently *he himself* will be in the next book which comes out in summer. whether or not he pulls it off, DT makes for a nice read (and a nice acronym. lol!)

Message 68/107             30-Mar-04  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

milan

oh btw... stephen king is the only writer i know who puts real world music and songs into his books, copyright tags and all... and supporting his favorite artist in that way. respekt!

Message 69/107             30-Mar-04  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

influx

Link?:  Link

get your own thread, geeks

Message 70/107             30-Mar-04  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

battleship

Hey what do you guy think of the new Harry Potter?!?

Sorry influx, I couldn't resist...

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

There are 107 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)