aaa RADIUM - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: RADIUM

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Original Message                 Date: 23-Aug-03  @  01:22 PM   -   RADIUM

CATASTROPHIC

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

does anyone know where radium has gone?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 61/107             28-Aug-03  @  06:28 AM   -   RE: RADIUM

The Answer

I don't know what you're all getting so het up about. When you break all this down into it's pure form, you're talking about something that exists as a series of zero's and ones on a computer hd. It doesn't even have a place in the "real" world.

You all create your "tunes" (at least those of you using computers) but your tunes aren't even real. It's all bollocks, so for f*cks sake stop arguing and go and smell the flowers or something.

Message 62/107             28-Aug-03  @  07:34 AM     Edit: 28-Aug-03  |  07:35 AM   -   RE: RADIUM

psylichon

Link?: Link

Damnit, answer, you beat me to it!

if you don't buy your software or sounds, you are breaking the laws of our modern world here. nuff said.

howEVER....

information, property, "rights".... what wonderful concepts. Tell me why they should work the way you think they should? Tell me who said "you can OWN that," "You have a RIGHT to that," or "that thing is WORTH something?" and why did you believe them?

I firmly believe that the mere fact that NO ONE has been able to completely protect pure information (an algorithm, a digital representation of art in some way, etc.) is a little hint to humanity that that shit doesn't belong to you. When you "discover" or "invent" a new "concept," write a new tune, or find a drug that may help humanity, you are tapping into something beyond yourself, something that you cannot claim as yours. And you're a pompous human if you expect reward for such an achievement. Even if you had to spend money to achieve it, you should realize what it is you're trying to achieve and expect nothing in return.

IMHO.

Try just being happy that you're alive and that you can see beyond yourself into more universal ideas. It will make you a happier person in the long run. Write a song and give it away. Don't expect anything of the universe but to experience it, and you'll find you won't get so pissed off when you hear about someone using cracks.

Message 63/107             28-Aug-03  @  12:14 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

Defector z

mcc - I don't take kindly to being called a fascist. Please rephrase.

Message 64/107             28-Aug-03  @  02:35 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

mcc>

i didn't say fascist.....someone else did. i said someone wearing the shirt provided by such and yet unaware of it's deeper ramifications. and i can't truly know this but i'm just recollecting many statements going back to the days leading up to the war and such. only full-disclosure would clarify the actual make-up of your foundations....politically/philosophically. then again...i'm not a hound in search of. i'm barely interested though the observation does come to mind
now and again.

Message 65/107             28-Aug-03  @  05:27 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

99devils

Psylichon, that'd be great in the imaginary world. But in the real world, I spent $50k on college (that's less than many Americans' degrees costed), plus I got to pay for development hardware, development tools, testing tools, manufacturing, beta test programs, keep the heat on, keep the lights on, keep the programmer (me) fed, pay the rent...

And I'm supposed to give software away for free why?!?

If nobody paid for it, nobody would write it.

-Craig

Message 66/107             28-Aug-03  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

linux

linux linux linux

Message 67/107             28-Aug-03  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

heh

either you're linux, or you're against us

Message 68/107             28-Aug-03  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

Influx

"(that's less than many Americans' degrees costed), "

NUKULAR!

sorry 99 

Message 69/107             28-Aug-03  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

Defector z

Omo - get off the free speech crap. Don't try to change the argument. You're STILL full of shite because you are parroting arguments that have been shot down time and again in this thread, and many others. The fact of the matter is that no matter how you slice it, and how you justify it, you are still a thief. Plain and simple. Hiding behind some free speech argument is utter nonsense, and you have no right to take something because you can't afford it. There are so many parallels in the real world that expose your argument for what it is. Simply an argument to justify irresponsible behavior. Simple as that.

Again - a 92 Honda isn't as fancy as a new Rolls Royce, but you gotta crawl before you can walk.

mcc - sheesh, make a couple of pro government statements, and suddenly the one voice of pro-business/small government around here is likened to some pretty bad people. There are plenty of examples that illustrate my true colors. I'd prefer the government to stay the hell out of my business, but sometimes the people need to be protected from the interests of business. I see it every day in my own life.

Message 70/107             28-Aug-03  @  11:53 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

yeah, i'm being pedantic

i hope you've all cleared every sample you've ever used.

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

There are 107 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)