aaa Yamaha DX21 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Yamaha DX21

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 19-Jul-98  @  11:48 AM   -   Yamaha DX21

Geek

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Sorry, I think thats what its called or the 27?
Anyway, u knowz anything about this synth? I dont! Whats it good for?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 61/76             17-Aug-98  @  01:20 PM   -   RE: Yamaha DX21

Jock

If you desperately want a DX-100 you can have mine for a price, although the rubber buttons are all shagged and the jack sockets on the back are also fucked from when I used to use it as a shoulder keyboard and end up tread on the bloody leads all the time.

Message 62/76             17-Aug-98  @  07:08 PM   -   RE: Yamaha DX21

Influx

Link?:  Link

Jock-why dont you crap on it as well, to top it all off, then advertise it at sonicstate for $4000 cuz its vintage!!!

Message 63/76             17-Aug-98  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: Yamaha DX21

browngirl

Of course I can use it but only limited because I don't know what all the functions do.... Yes, I've got a controller keyboard.

Its just a bit complicated at the moment!

Message 64/76             17-Aug-98  @  07:36 PM   -   RE: Yamaha DX21

kilo

stick with it browngirl... like isaid... get a pen and paper... and draw out all the menu's, and how you get into them... then look at the resulting plan... and go into sections trying adjusting each thing to see ....

Message 65/76             17-Aug-98  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: Yamaha DX21

pongoid

Looks like fm doesn't suck so bad after all. Sorry, all. Been out on tour, taking my face for shit, or well,....erm,...rather close there,....almost ended up in it from a slip of the tongue. (Ahem!!) I was a bit curious about the dx1. Kilo, could you fill me in on it? I remember seeing promo for it when it first came out, but then it just sort of disappeared. I thought it was supposed to be the grand-daddy of all fm synths, til the sy series came along.

Another cool piece is the dx27. My friend, OST uses one. If you want to hear the cutting edge in experimental electronic music, involving fm synthesis, check his stuff out. Not that it really matters all that much how you get the sounds at all. The fact that the sounds get out, and work to convey the expression is all that really matters. FM just happens to be an effective tool to accomplish that, and one person's dislike, or lack of respect for it cannot diminish the fact. Modular, granular, fm, subtractive, additive, scanning wavetable, v.a.s.t., whatever: it's not the tools, it's all in the operator (no pun intended).

Urban Gorilla

Message 66/76             17-Aug-98  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: Yamaha DX21

ivan

hmmm... my figure didn't make much sense I guess..
the point is having a operator with feedback modulating another operator. Check the operator diagrams on the pull-out thingie and you'll understand I think.

Hey, Browngirl - just ask some more specific questions and see if people can help you. Most people think that FM synths are the hardest to program, so you'll handle anything when you've mastered the TX.

pongoid - good point about the fact that it's the sounds that matter, not how you make them. Some analogfetischists seem to have forgotten that...

Message 67/76             18-Aug-98  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: Yamaha DX21

replica

Forget about FM - I have !

Message 68/76             20-Aug-98  @  05:40 AM   -   RE: Yamaha DX21

buggo

i asked before....any ra files with lotsa FM out there?

Message 69/76             20-Aug-98  @  07:17 AM   -   RE: Yamaha DX21

Sedusa

Buggo: Ever heard Derrick May? (Father of Detroit Techno, yadda yadda yadda) .. Listen to any of his stuff.. It's like FM heaven (Or hell, depending on how you see it) ... Lots and lots and lots of FM// good music, too

Message 70/76             20-Aug-98  @  09:44 AM   -   RE: Yamaha DX21

go bug go go go

heard of him but never heard his shit, i'll check it out when i get time + $ + inclination and othe good things, maybe fm is good maybe not but i still dont understand the mechanism of the creation of the sound i must read and research and educate myself and become a world traveler thanks for the tip sedusa i will carry on

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 76 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)