aaa Help - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Help

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 29-Dec-03  @  06:02 PM   -   Help

L.Dudley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Ok I have a problem. I'm using cubase vst and trying to record audio files. I play the cd that i want to record and it has some huge echo that gets bigger and ruins the sonmg. This is also apparent when the metronome is clicking and when any other noise plays whilst cubase is open. All I wanna do is record, is there anything I can do to stop this loud babble??? Please help meeeeee

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 61/87             03-Jan-04  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: Help

the_dr38

No I'm using vst. The only reason I have been trying to import from cd direct is because I remember doing it at school when I was there. Anyway I downloaded a ripper and converted the files into wav no problem. I then needed to burn them to a cd in order to put onto the correct pc. Again this is no problem but when trying to locate them with cubase they aren't there. It's like they change straight back into mp3 as soon as I reload them on my pc. Again, probably something simple but still beats me. Probably just requires some messin about.

Message 62/87             03-Jan-04  @  04:56 PM   -   RE: Help

mcc>

much in the manner that you converted your wav to mp3....you can reverse that process. but you'll need a sound-file type converter and it has to be on your pc which contains cubase.
what converter you'd use for pc i dunno. but again> shareware music machine has loads of encoders and file-type conversion programs....some for free even.

Message 63/87             03-Jan-04  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: Help

the_dr38

Cool, cheers mate. Only problem is that I have to burn the ripper to a cd as my cubase PC doesn't have the internet. No luck with this so far but Im gonna keep trying. I'll go to Shareware now

Message 64/87             03-Jan-04  @  09:26 PM   -   RE: Help

influx

Link?:  Link

k...people tried VERY hard to be positive.

honestly...seems like we got another PC jinx here

no offense dr...but...youre doing something wrong. pure and simple. there is no reason why a .wav file would "turn into" an .mp3

my guess is when youre burning the cd from one computer to the next youre burning an AUDIO cd

you need to burn a DATA cd, and THEN copy that file to your hard drive on your music box (you can do this by RIGHT click and drag and drop. youll be prompted...tell it to "copy")

THEN you direct cubase to that file

still trying to figure out what it is youre trying to do

Message 65/87             03-Jan-04  @  09:59 PM   -   RE: Help

the_dr38

LOL.....I know it seems like you're banging your heads against a brick wall but I really do appreciate the help all the same. Once I sort it out Im sure it'll be fine and I wont have any problems (doubtful lol). But seriously I am grateful

Message 66/87             03-Jan-04  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: Help

milan

Link?: Link

dude... i think YOU need to spend more time thinking about your problem and not come back here every five minutes after each unsuccessful 'try'. people can only guess at your problem and give you tips but only YOU can figure it out and sort it out.

Message 67/87             03-Jan-04  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: Help

mcc>

haha.....as long as you stick around here and wanna make music...you're always gonna have troubles.....~
..i.e.
establishing tempo, implementing chord changes...program change....
a/d conversion, windows 95 vs xp compatibility.....what color is best for speaker cable...etc.

but you're showing some heart there dr>.
that's probably the most important ingredient of all.

Message 68/87             04-Jan-04  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: Help

k

takes all sorts to make a.... aw... anyways.... how do you know this ripper is saving the files as .wav for real wav (pcm uncompressed stereo at 44 or 48 k)

what' the ripper u are using dr?

Message 69/87             04-Jan-04  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: Help

the_dr38

The one Im using is called easyrip. I am gonna try and DL the one that mcc suggested but every time I go to shareware.com my pc seems to crash. I must keep trying!!!!!!!! lol

Message 70/87             04-Jan-04  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: Help

influx

Link?:  Link

dude.

audiograbber. free version

LAME encoder for higher quality MP3s

go learn about it 

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 87 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)