aaa MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Original Message                 Date: 19-Dec-02  @  01:52 PM   -   MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

Makin' $$ from my music!!!

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Who's this guy talking about MIDI is done? Ahhh c'mon buddy (90's Child)! Hmmm, let's just go through a small list of innovators who used and still uses MIDI:

ORB, Prodigy, Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers, Mr Scruff, Goldie, OD 404, DJ Shadow, FSOL, Leftfield, LTJ Bukem, Moby, Beastie Boys, Daft Punk, Basement Jaxx, Dr Dre, etc. That's just to name a few.

Guess what they all used old analogue gear too with MIDI! What's that about comin' to software where it's better? The most important thing in this message that I wanted to get accross to the 90's Child, is that all those producers that I just listed are making BIG BUCKS off their music. What about you and your software? Have you even done a live show? Thank you and good night.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 61/99             26-Dec-02  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

LARRY

OH I TYPED A LOT MORE BUT ENDED UP
EDITING IT DOWN TO ONLY THAT WHICH
WAS RELEVANT THANK YOU FOR YOUR
TIME

LARRY

Message 62/99             26-Dec-02  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

90's Child

People here can't read. THIS POST was conceived out of another post. Namely the "midi's dead" post. I was talking about crap midi interfaces, midi cables, daisy chains, etc. Someone started this post without reading the original. Of course people have to use midi to make music. I use exclusively audio instruments and I am aware that these still use midi to operate. My original point was that a soft sampler or mpc is soooooo much better for drums cause there is no midi lead, interface and ms delay's involved. Plus you can do so much more with drums and dsp inside a pc.

My second point IN THIS THREAD is that alot of these "top" producers DO record their work into pro tools to have a major polish by an experienced pro tools guy/girl/producer.

My view is valued. I'm working on my fourth release. My third record/effort on 20/20 Vision sold 1600 copies. I think that's kinda OKish/respectable for a 24 year old producer who is 3 and a half years into making tracks.

Anyway carry on slaggin me without even reading the whole thread. Deep down, I know that I am ACTUALLY releasing tracks and they've sold a bit more each time. Or isn't my opinion valued cos I ain't posted anything on Dancetech?

Message 63/99             26-Dec-02  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

k

Link?:  Link

we'll call you from now on, Larry 'Nips' Kickass then mate?

sounds good to me... imagine it..

"AND ON BASS,... LARRY 'NIPS' KICK-AAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!"

yeah!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 64/99             26-Dec-02  @  08:42 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

errata

90's Child:

Actually your view was trounced because you weren't clear until after the bruising you took. AND... because you started your thread offensively! Abusing people and talking sh+t is no way to introduce yourself. You got what you deserved... and your complete lack of respect for the way other people do things shows your naivette.

BTW, I'm not personaly impressed by ANYONE just because they have a contract. I've had offers too. It's not that BIG of a deal! Lotsa lame assed no nothing producers have lable interest, or record sales. So don't come touting your regional club scene track record like some badge of entitlement. Many of the people here are talented and knowledgeable... and I doubt if anyone has time for your attitude.

I'm not really trying top be a prick here. But maybe if you showed some respect instead of acting like a punk you might have LEARNED a little something form the knowledge pool on this site!

e

Message 65/99             27-Dec-02  @  09:20 AM     Edit: 27-Dec-02  |  09:21 AM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

dissonance

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

I bet that ain't MIDI....

Ape and Obis moving crowds like you're supposed to.

dissonance

Message 66/99             27-Dec-02  @  09:26 AM     Edit: 27-Dec-02  |  09:26 AM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

dissonance

File?:  [image]

[image file]

a little more crowd moving....

dissonance

www.deepnow.net/paperstreet

that other site with the Ape's stuff

Message 67/99             27-Dec-02  @  09:26 AM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

Scott

WT... is that a figment of my vision at this late hour, or is that dude's head caught in a warp field?

Message 68/99             27-Dec-02  @  09:31 AM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

dissonance

yes it is...he likes it that way...check the link above

dissonance

Message 69/99             27-Dec-02  @  10:39 AM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

influx

Link?:  Link

dissonance..you really should get a job as a PR man. or maybe not, but you sure do talk about pongoid a lot

Message 70/99             27-Dec-02  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

errata

I'm NOT dissin!!! I've seen Pongoid and He's not full of sh+t!!! Homey rocks it, and he's definately got skills. But these pic's do not make much of a point... those people don;t really seem to be movin' much! I'm not saying that they aren't but they LOOK pretty sedentary to me...  

e

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

There are 99 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)