aaa What i really really want is...... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: What i really really want is......

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             02-Sep-98  @  03:49 PM   -   What i really really want is......

JAWA

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

urm..... a sex mad Courtney Cox lookalike with a love for broke musicians with dillusions of grandour.... maybe..... okay, howabout a Emu E synth with all the options...... close...... errrr..... a Ferrari 355 berlinetta...... alright but what i really really want is a computer that i can take gigging with me to play all my stuff live..... what's the problem? no money really...... what's the solution that i have just come across?......

......A RACKMOUNTED ATARi !!!!!

Yes ladies and gentlemen it is true they exist and i want one, the only problem i have is regarding ATARiS themselves..... can they read midi files created on a pc? can they save midi files as *.mid? do they work? do they give good head?... sorry.... cos if they do then i'll cream me pants cos this place called Keychange sell them and they go from £299 basically up to £499 with all the ram options, internal hard drive, and er leather interior...... ahem....

I reckon that one of them running notator/ cubase 3/ whatever would kick arse compared to an mpc 2000...... cos the ATARiS are solid as errrr.... something thats really solid on a very solid day so there......

TTFN

JAWA

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             02-Sep-98  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: What i really really want is......

ataris can handle all this stuff (midi - files)

you also can swap cubase files !

Holger

Message 3/8             03-Sep-98  @  02:40 PM   -   RE: What i really really want is......

JAWA

Cheers Holger!!

htttp://www.atamusic.u-net.com

Check it out everybody!!!........if you want to anyway...... nobody's forcing you, you understand....... no obligation to buy etc. etc....

Message 4/8             04-Sep-98  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: What i really really want is......

Purple Haze

Uhm 299-499 is quite expensive I think. What I would worry about is if someone is able to fix it when it's broken, and at what price, and what about something like extra midi ports, are you able to get some sort of midi port expander for it. Might nog need that when it's just for gigging though.

Message 5/8             05-Sep-98  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: What i really really want is......

JAWA

Aha!

You can get an option for 3 extra midi outs!!!...... oh yeah and SCSi toooooo!!!!

and..... if you already have an ATARi then they will do the conversion to rack thing for 155ukp..... i'm pretty sure about that i think.....

Price wise i think it rocks, no hardware sequencer comes close spec wise to a softy at that money, and i don't think that you'll be able to get a pc or mac for that kind of money and no where near as solid a performance out of it......

Message 6/8             05-Sep-98  @  11:34 AM   -   RE: What i really really want is......

JAWA

And another thing....... they do repairs themselves (Keychange) and i bet if your hardware sequencer "broke down" you (a) wouldn't get it fixed for much less than you paid for it in the first place and (b) wouldn't have it fixed bfore you gig at the weekend....... these guys offer 72 hour turnaround......

No i don't work for them, i just like it when someone in this world does something right!!!

Message 7/8             05-Sep-98  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: What i really really want is......

kilo

yup ataris are the nutz... first choice.... dont forget the falcon either.... anyways, 1040's with cubase go for about 150 in london, rarely more unless it's got extra ram, but hey....... there was one with 4mb for 150 in loot 3 weeks ago...

Message 8/8             09-Sep-98  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: What i really really want is......

Jock

Yeah but it had beer spilt in the keyboard and the tube on the monitor had blown. I put that advert in Loot to see if some mug would buy it. And hey presto I'm 150 quid better off. Needles to say I received a right royal drubbing from the gangland eastend hard nut that I sold it too and are now consequently in intensive care on a drip.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)