aaa English ads please! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: English ads please!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             02-Aug-98  @  01:18 PM   -   English ads please!

rouge

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Whats with all the yankee classifieds? Why are there no english ones?!? I want some gear but everythings in the U S of A .... I don't have my own jet .... yet!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             02-Aug-98  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: English ads please!

Bansh

Well, you should get on the blower to the wonderfull "British Telecm", and tell them to get their funky shit together so that English people can afford to get the internet connection in the first place.!

Message 3/8             02-Aug-98  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: English ads please!

kilo

SAY IT !!!!..... no chance tho with fucking OFTEL... by the way... you know what BT stands for?... Bloody Typical !!!

Message 4/8             03-Aug-98  @  02:30 PM   -   RE: English ads please!

bill

Link?:  Link

www.loot.com. loads of british ads. loads of instruments. and i have a wavestation if you want......

Message 5/8             03-Aug-98  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: English ads please!

kilo

absolutely... Loot has shitloads of kit..... group electronics offered & keyboards & synthesisers offered, they have drums & percussion offered too... and stacks of PC stuff too.....

Message 6/8             03-Aug-98  @  10:19 PM   -   RE: English ads please!

Rouge

Yeah, too true - the Yanks get free local calls don't they!
They probably stay online 24 hours!

Why don't us brits get free local calls?
Its not Fair!

Sob Sob

What the fuck is OFTEL?

Yeah, I buy the Loot everyday - theres some guys in there trying to flog their second-hand stuff more than the new prices!

Message 7/8             04-Aug-98  @  02:45 PM   -   RE: English ads please!

Fingers

OFTEL is the phone watchdog...ye know...'put your bills down cos they are higher than agreed at privatisation'...oh unless you give us a shitload of dough...erm...allegedly...heheh...oh yeah and complain about your phone service provider and we'll put it in the cylindrical file...heheh...fuk, forgot to take my anti-cynicism tablets...

Message 8/8             05-Aug-98  @  02:54 AM   -   RE: English ads please!

kilo

why waste dosh buying loot...l oggon... and browse at night.....

OFTEL as the man says was set up supposedly to watch the British telecommunications market/companies and stop BT when privatised from using it's massive clout to kill the competition.... BUT the upshot is (ask ANY BT person )... they are in fact STOPPING British users and business from getting good deals... like say a poxy 64K leased line in the Uk is like 8K per annum !!!.... 8 friggin thousand... now check that against stateside prices !!!.... and true...Americans, Canadians and others get free local calls, so they can web all day and night online...... sad huh?

Personaly I say Ian Valance (BT MD) should get 50,000 Volts up his arse.... cos he & Oftel are gonna fuck up british biz big time for the future if they are not careful by restricting large cable thru-put distribution to smaller businesses, and thus holding back the general protocol.... already US businesses are grabbing dominance on the web... .... PLUS...... BT have a policy of NOT buying in ANY 3rd party developments in web & other protocol... HA !!!... THAT is a great policy to stay up with the times..... tell 3rd party developers to fuck off and give their developments to a competitor..... BT= Bloody Typical.... it's a shame really, cos their service is genuinely excellent compared to Mercury and the other cables who are impossible.....

It's fucking laughable... with porky Prescott (Brit MP who was a Northerner before elction to office, and now sounds like he was born in Berkshire), wanking around the country on busses & trains as a publicity ploy (then goes home in a car) trying to clean up traffic and the air, and industry telling him to fuck off........ yet 60% of commuters could be working at home if they got this shit sorted..... and yes... statistics prove home workers are MORE productive.... with the sort of designs, that even I have built at home in a few months (and I'm no expert at all).... a company can work with people in various locations as if they were in the same building.... it is simply using the www to create an extended office WAN.... sad.. Oil - cars... Oil - cars... Oil - n' cars

ah.... my tablets nurse !!... is it that late?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)