aaa what does a guy have to do? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: what does a guy have to do?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             22-Jul-98  @  08:34 AM   -   what does a guy have to do?

bug

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

...to get some software around here? (the net being "here", that is...")

My MC300 doesn't come with an OS disk; i found the OS at roland's site but it's not the good one...can't you get some kinda MRC or some super-enhanced OS somewhere? I read somewhere that you can but it's REAL fuckin difficult. Also anyone with the ROland SDISK program; i would like a copy...i can't seem to get it via FTP; it doesn't like me...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             22-Jul-98  @  01:58 PM   -   RE: what does a guy have to do?

kilo

your local area Roland distributor will supply any OS thet you need... they are real good like that.. (well, in the Uk they are)

Message 3/8             23-Jul-98  @  06:27 AM   -   RE: what does a guy have to do?

buggo

ok...well i got the OS...and the sequencer fucking rocks....but does anyone know of any new software (OS) that would allow looping? I can't fucking believe it won't loop...it also won't shuffle...unless i'm just real dumb and can't figure it out...so I got this thing thinking that I might sell it (i can get WAY more than i paid....) and it looks as tho i may be doing this if i can't loop...on the other hand it does have mute/unmute on each track...bad news is that there are only 4 tracks; you can divide all 16 midi channels between the 4, which means lots of merging is necessary...GRR...any tips anyone?

Message 4/8             23-Jul-98  @  08:27 AM   -   RE: what does a guy have to do?

kilo

i cant belive it ownt loop.... it has to otherwise it's totally useless as a sequencer.... all rolands sequencers loop usually.... well... in fact... all sequencers period loop.... tell me it aint true someone?

Message 5/8             24-Jul-98  @  09:28 AM   -   RE: what does a guy have to do?

buggo

Well there's a "block repeat" function that will repeat a certain phrase indefinitely, but this is only to test out out other parts while listening to, say, a bassline or drum track repeated over and over...it can't be used as a song....and no other looping functions like macros (as on the QX5) or whatnot....strictly linear (as far as i can tell...) You can, however, copy a certain measure of a track and paste it however many times you want, so it can loop in that sense, but the only way to really perform is to make an entire song and just play itt back live...not much fun eh? I guess it's definitely not a "pattern based" sequencer...

Anyway i am also having trouble copying and pasting on a single track; it doesn't seem to behave unless i copy and paste every track at once. Is this a bug? IS it fixed in a new OS? Am I stupid?

Before I go on, this is for anyone who can help: WHERE THE FUCK IS THE SUPER MRC? I WAS TOLD THERE WAS BOTH THAT AND A SHITLOAD OF OTHER VARIATIONS ON THE MC300 OS THAT WERE DESIGNED FOR EDITING, LIVE USE, ETC. (SPECIALIZED APPLICATIONS.) WHERE CAN I GET 'EM? ROLAND'S SITE IS USELESS!

Another thing...this goes to Kilo:
You used the QX5...how was the editing on this thing? Live performance? On the editing front, I can't think it would be TOO easy to use 'cause it's only got a few buttons and no nifty little alpha-dial-like selector on it for quick number entry...am I wrong? How is it for drums? Can it shuffle? Questions, questions, questions....

Also, where the hell can i get some info on other sequencers? There seems to be a total lack of it on the web....I can't find ANYTHING on the Kawai Q-80 except the little snippet here...anyway even from that snippet it sounds like it's better than the mc300...??

Message 6/8             25-Jul-98  @  05:04 AM   -   RE: what does a guy have to do?

buggo

i've got a mc300 for sale..he he

Message 7/8             25-Jul-98  @  05:26 AM   -   RE: what does a guy have to do?

kilo

well, that snippet and others, was the result of a days trawling with a big link... there's fuck all out there.....

Message 8/8             25-Jul-98  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: what does a guy have to do?

buggo

Well i searched for what HAD to be at least 4 hours for the super-MRC software, with no luck (the roland site only has the basic mc300 O/S) and I also searched for a fucking LONG time on the Q-80, and found 1 item, which looked identical to yours, so either you got your info from him or vice versa...grr...

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)