aaa Curious about something - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Curious about something

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             05-Aug-04  @  01:17 AM   -   Curious about something

Gatano

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have a lappy where i run s/w programs(synths,reason etc) this plugs into firewire410 then this goes into my P/Tools h/w.
I have been making tracks within Reason but running the inputs into my other PC
Inputs 1-2(in PT h/w). Everything comes out as 1 track obviously in P/T. If I had Reason running on the same PC would I be able to assign each instrument to different tracks or could i still only assign it to 1?
Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             05-Aug-04  @  02:51 AM   -   RE: Curious about something

sitar

Link?: Link

good question. probably there are some P/T or Reason folks here that can set you straight. check back

Message 3/8             05-Aug-04  @  09:24 AM   -   RE: Curious about something

k

Link?:  Link

if PT has 'Rewire' yes, you would have 64 channels coming out of Reason streaming into PT mixer...

I dont use PT tho

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/8             05-Aug-04  @  01:39 PM   -   RE: Curious about something

SignalRunners - BLU

Yes, when rewired you can set them all individually, heres how:

Create 1 New Midi Track

Create 1 aux track

Choose Reason from plug-in list on aux

(reason automatically opens)

create whatever instrument in reason (no mixer tho) Say subtractor for example

flip rack in reason, and connect to output 3 (for example)

go back to PT, in Aux channel, click rewire plug-in and select same channel (3 in this case)

Now on Midi track, you should see the ' subtractor1' or ewhatever you named it available to select when you click the Midi outputs tab

Hope that helped

BLU

Message 5/8             05-Aug-04  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: Curious about something

Gatano

Nice!
i'll do that
Thanks Blu

Also, one more thing maybe you can help me with.
Whenever I create a drum track in Track1.
Then i stop P/T, rewind the sequencer and create a synth track in track 2...
I cannot hear track 1 to make sure im syncing things correctly as im recording. How do I set P/T so I can hear a track as Im recording new tracks. I cant figure this out.
Thanks again.

Message 6/8             07-Aug-04  @  03:12 AM   -   RE: Curious about something

Gatano

The Documentation on Digi002 says

Features:
Digidesign includes the following software bundle:
Pro Tools LE, Reason Adapted, Live Digidesign Edition, SampleTank SE, AmpliTube LE, and T-RackS EQ.

I definately didnt get reason adapted with this package. Does anyone know if the software is included in the installation of P/T. Where would i be able to find if I have rewire capabilities?

Message 7/8             09-Aug-04  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: Curious about something

Gatano

BLU whats your email? Can i pick your brain on a few things?

Message 8/8             10-Aug-04  @  01:59 AM   -   RE: Curious about something

SignalRunners - BLU

yeah no sweat, its :- nimmouk at aol dot com

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)