aaa Audio editing software... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Audio editing software...

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             27-Jan-04  @  08:18 PM   -   Audio editing software...

JJ Freqish

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Does anyone know of a good audio editing software that's out there for MAC? I have
Logic, but I don't think that it's all that great if I want to split up and do quick editing on the
audio file. I want something that could be a simpler version of Cool Edit Pro.

JJ Freqish

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             28-Jan-04  @  03:12 AM   -   RE: Audio editing software...

mcc>

Link?: Link

web-link

i haven't got mine in the mail yet but i'm going to try this ten+dollar win/mac editor.

it's new....and the features are impressive considering the price.
i have no idea what you need in an editor...but you might give it a look. it takes me a year to put a program thru the the hoops so a report won't occur til may of 05.

and he also has a multi-tack sequencer/editor for about the same price.

Message 3/8             29-Jan-04  @  04:07 PM   -   RE: Audio editing software...

xoxos

there are several good free editors for pc (yamaha, audacity) does audacity have a mac port? gotta be one for mac..

Message 4/8             30-Jan-04  @  01:44 AM   -   RE: Audio editing software...

slickqd

SoundDesigner, but you must have a Digidesign SOundcard for it. I know someone who uses that editing Waves. Also Peak is a good one.

Message 5/8             30-Jan-04  @  03:37 AM   -   RE: Audio editing software...

mcc>

audacity comes in a mac version as well....i think os9 and osX.

Message 6/8             30-Jan-04  @  05:56 AM   -   RE: Audio editing software...

psylichon

Bias Peak (dunno if that's still made) and TC Spark come to mind. And another oldie called Soundhack, I think. But yeah, no one ever made that killer 2-track editor on the Mac... they all suck to some degree.

Message 7/8             30-Jan-04  @  06:39 AM   -   RE: Audio editing software...

mcc>

even peaK?! so THAT's why i never use it even though i've opened it up a few times and eventually gave up.

i'm thinking ableton live is a swell editor though.....but it ain't near free.

Message 8/8             30-Jan-04  @  09:53 AM     Edit: 30-Jan-04  |  09:55 AM   -   RE: Audio editing software...

digital rust

peak and spark are both excellent, both are pricey.

the best bang for the buck is dsp-quattro though. it's great since it supports AU
and VST. it's very similar to spark anyway.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)