aaa Nord Micro-Mod or NI Reaktor??? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Nord Micro-Mod or NI Reaktor???

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             20-Dec-03  @  04:38 AM   -   Nord Micro-Mod or NI Reaktor???

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Nuff said.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             20-Dec-03  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: Nord Micro-Mod or NI Reaktor???

milan

have used neither... but in this day and age? my guess would be reaktor and a knobby controller.

Message 3/8             20-Dec-03  @  04:01 PM   -   RE: Nord Micro-Mod or NI Reaktor???

clayev2k

for less-than-the price of a micro-modular you can get the NI collection....

that's like ten major vst-i's!
thought reactor is a collection-version and not the full-blown machine....nevertheless upgradeable.

Message 4/8             20-Dec-03  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: Nord Micro-Mod or NI Reaktor???

influx

Link?:  Link

since youre leanin toward SW,

reaktor all day long. V4 is just plain fckin SICK

and...the Dash Synthesis guy..did a TON of ensembles for it...is selling them all for $19.95. Includes the Wavestation AD ensemble. worth the $20 alone

Message 5/8             21-Dec-03  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: Nord Micro-Mod or NI Reaktor???

k

Link?:  No link

tough choice, but the thing about REAKTOR is that you can fiddle and create whatever bizarre stuff you need, but also you can buy-in synths for it from people like DASHSignature who do stuff like a JP synth for it for your classic club-trance sound ($10 per synth)... it's not easy to use tho would be my only criticism. The user group has tons of synths too I think which you can access with a user registration... Good analog drums in the Reaktor too. It's got stuff like a tom-tom synth which does toms but also big pitch-envelope up/down 'booms' and stuff too.

But controller hardware.... a 'real' synth has that advantage.. Plenty of controller choice out there tho, but that ups the price a fair bit for the whole reaktor setup if you get a good controller unit

mapping controllers on Reaktor synths is a piece of piss tho.

Message 6/8             21-Dec-03  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: Nord Micro-Mod or NI Reaktor???

sitar

Reaktor if you have a descent computer. Reaktor comes with more than 10 synths. Comes with subtractive, additive, granular, drum sequencers, fx-the reverb and compressor that come with R4 are phenomenal not to mention the filters. As already mentioned Dash Synthesis carries lots of synths to die for in the $10-$20 range. Best of all is you go to the user library for registered Reaktor owners and you can spend days looking through them. Some of the best synths you'll find anywhere are there and all for free. In 10 minutes you can download and install 10 brand new synths. Imagine the joy of visiting there for a couple of minutes, then opening Reaktor to try out your new Q! Or Juno or beatbox or chord sequencer or some wild granular concoction somebody dreamed up.

Message 7/8             21-Dec-03  @  01:18 PM   -   RE: Nord Micro-Mod or NI Reaktor???

sitar

i just checked the user library and downloaded 7 new ensembles. Most ensembles are 20 or so kilobytes. Some go up over 100, in other words they download in a flash. Usually I look by most recent but this trip I sorted by rating. One of the ensembles I downloaded is called "The Blob". Claims to use 320 oscillators. I read comments...2 by Tom Watson, one of the best in making these ensembles....and based on his comments I downloaded it. That's the way it is there. I forgot to mention the user library is broken down into synths, samplers (forgot to mention Reaktor comes with those suckers too) effects, sequencers.... I've downloaded the sweetest fx boxes from compressors to finalizers to stereo enhancers to reverbs to echo delay filters etc etc, for free!

Message 8/8             22-Dec-03  @  05:46 PM   -   RE: Nord Micro-Mod or NI Reaktor???

spectre

Link?:  No link

Well, I just purchased a micro modular about a month ago and had been considering Reaktor, as well. I mean they both have their pros and cons. I ended up going for the Micro-Mod for a couple reasons:

- I scored the MM for $300 new, which is less than Reaktor unless you can get an academic discount.

- The MM won't consume the amount of system resources as Reaktor

- Instability w/ Reaktor4

- Ability to use the MM without a computer as a synth and FX box.

- I don't currently have any other Clavia/Nord gear

- The MM is set up more like a traditional modular synth (ease of use, perhaps)

But on the other side, Reaktor has more sonic possibilities due to having more module options available and isn't reliant on DSP like the MM - which were two big reasons why I was leaning toward Reaktor.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)