aaa anyone else ever wonder? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: anyone else ever wonder?

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Original Message                 Date: 19-Mar-04  @  08:13 PM   -   anyone else ever wonder?

influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

this is a post I threw up somewhere else. Didnt know what forum...go ahead and razz me if you think I chose the wrong one:

"I just spent the last few weeks doing some major changes in my studio setup. soundproofing, new desk, new audio interface.

and now I cant write jack shit. Ive had less and less hardware over the last few years, and my output has dropped significantly. The sound quality is much _cleaner_ now, and I have far more power at my disposal than ever before, but...

everything feels so cold and clinical now! That feeling of grabbing my old akai AX-60, juno106, waldorf pulse...gone. Now its just a mouse and a screen. I still have my virus of course, but somehow even that isnt as exciting anymore because I just make some sounds and then record them into cubase.

some of you are gonna shit their pants, but I actually kinda miss sequencing in midi. I dont miss HW sequencers, but...my old Atari Falcon! Yes, Im serious.

midi sequencing, realtime mixdowns (sending to effects, channel fades, playing with mutes)

I know Im definitely going against the grain here, as everyone is so in love with all that computers offer (heh, the thought of not having a UAD-1 anymore gives me the shakes I tell ya!)

but...anyone else think that maybe, truly, honestly, technology is slowly but surely removing the humanity from the music making equation?

Im not only talking about the "anyone can do it" aspect even though that is clearly true, but...just..the spontaneity, the hands on feel? the..."realness" of it?

oh and btw...nectarios..PLEASE...we know where you stand so...if youre gonna pull the "digital sucks" thing..just save it, ok? "

(the last part is for this guy there that CONSTANTLY throws his "yeah well, my ____ analog sounds WAY better than ____"

gets fckin old, so I dropped a preemptive strike on 'im

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 71/107             30-Mar-04  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

influx

Link?:  Link

I REALLY liked the first two Dark Tower books. third got lame IMO, havent read since

The Talisman is one of the most incredible stories Ive ever read

King used to be able to express the depth and breadth of the human experience incredibly

to be honest..right around misery/dark half/dolores claiborne I lost interest

Message 72/107             31-Mar-04  @  04:56 AM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

overheard

Link?:  No link

King just wasnt the same after his accident....

Message 73/107             31-Mar-04  @  08:31 AM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

dub-munkey

battleship- i soooo agree. no spoilers but although the idea was lame and he did nothing with it to make it great....

i havent read book five yet but in book two eddie makes reference to the shining....

greg

Message 74/107             31-Mar-04  @  08:34 AM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

dub-munkey

blaine let the whole thing down as it was built up through the whole book then v quickly dealt with and it just seemed like an easy vehicle (sic) to get the guys half way accross mid-world....

me and my mates have argued loads about this- they liked blaine buit still thought the beginning of book 4 was a cop out....

anyone read the revised ed of the gunslinger? i started with that and well basically it gives away half of book four...wasn't happy i tell thee.....

greg

Message 75/107             31-Mar-04  @  02:44 PM     Edit: 31-Mar-04  |  02:45 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

craig

Link?: Link

Wow, I can't agree that King's gone downhill.. Dreamcatcher, Tales from a Buick 8, Insomnia, and Black House were excellent books. Black House ties into the gunslinger books as well. Influx, Dark Half is one of my favorite King books.. But I admit I'm not much for his early "horror" fare, like It and Christine...

Message 76/107             31-Mar-04  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

Clay, I like your idea about immersing oneself in other mediums like cinema & literature. Perhaps I should look at my current situation as such an opportunity becuase at the moment it just depresses me.

Message 77/107             31-Mar-04  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

dub-munkey

craig you read the silmarillion? the begginning of that has to be my most inspired tolkien moment....

greg

Message 78/107             31-Mar-04  @  03:16 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

xoxos

*whatever you do* just make sure you select a medium composed entirely of other people's thoughts presented to entertain and allure you into making their commercial choice/product... stay away from anything nature and creativity! god forbid you step outside of the giant chain of yucky human regurgitation *yawn*

Message 79/107             31-Mar-04  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

xoxos

it's like that stupid fucking pink floyd song (as if those adjectives were necessary..) with the robot saying "just keep talking.." because if you don't, no one can tell when you might come up with a new idea that would threaten their livelihood of selling you old ideas so you're all comfy and can fall asweep pwoperwy at beddums.

Message 80/107             31-Mar-04  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

jp mac manus not the horse owner

Read Dr Zhivago and you will know the meaning of life.

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

There are 107 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)