aaa Yamaha TX81Z - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Yamaha TX81Z

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 18-Jul-98  @  05:02 PM   -   Yamaha TX81Z

Browngirl

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Has anyone heard of this FM Module? Is it any good? Its in my local PawnShop for 135 UK pounds. Are they stupid?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 71/82             03-Sep-98  @  09:28 AM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

And my name fits cuz I'm just so sad....... Hehe.. Check it out at http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/kurtwood/283/futility_alpha.htm Most of my links are broken, cuz my old server kicked me off, but you get to see my face with an SH 2 transposed over it!

Message 72/82             04-Sep-98  @  05:15 AM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

buggo

Actually monsieur bill de plig, it's a Kawai sequencer...a friend suggested it when i was checking it (the q80) out in a shop in LA and thought i should have a name other than my real one...!!

but monsieur bill de plig sounds nice too.

Message 73/82             04-Sep-98  @  05:18 AM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

buggo

oh, one other thing...

all that info was transferred from my other page at www.thegrid.net/jctlo/andrew/music.html . It was a page meant to promote my web design endeavors but had a music section on it...i think there may be a few more songs there...

also, i hate to put in a plug for me own band, but that "neutral dub" song is pretty cool; our guitarboy came over one night and everyone was asleep so we couldn't play loud music...much tho he hates techno i coerced him into doing a song with synthetic drums and some synth parts. one of our better attempts i think, especially because no one tried to sing!!

Message 74/82             04-Sep-98  @  09:24 AM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

bill

i quite like monsieur bill de plig too, maybe i'll have to use it on some pompous euro-remix i do at some point....heh....anyway - you're in a guitar band as well as doing the synth stuff? i know the feeling about guitarists refusing to work with it - my brother's a guitarist and he fucking hates it - weird thing is, he loves bands that use guitars and synths/samples more than he likes straight rock stuff.....

sedusa - i checked out your page ages ago because i wanted to see an sh-2 on your face. now i'll go and do it again. wouldn't you rather have something else sat there?

Message 75/82             04-Sep-98  @  09:51 AM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

Richie

That's pretty good buggo, looks like you could have a convert. I used to be in a band many moons ago. At one stage it looked as if we were going to make some money out of it as well. But as these things happen, I lost the way and went from grunge to writing my own stuff almost overnight. The rest of the band carried on with a new singer/rythm guitarist but the interest in the band died (thanks NME you cunts / especially Steve Lamack ). But now they are mostly into dance and are all doing they're own thing... Funny how things turn out, I used to hate dance music as well.

Have you sorted your MP3's yet? I too cannot get Real Audio but would like to hear your stuff...

Ho hum- looks like I'll have to get the net at home but I'm on cable and the server around here is shit.

Message 76/82             04-Sep-98  @  05:41 PM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

weasel

Influx, thanks for the esi32 tip... MakeNoyz is a little
expensive though (wants $850, what with the S2000
at $699...) but thanks anyway

Message 77/82             05-Sep-98  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

buggo

yeah, actually ALL my songs are in MP3 format. (i only have 1.7 gigs so i can't keep the .wav files around...I do keep the individual loops and samples on zip disks tho because i can surruptitiously (?) order them from my dad's office and he doesn't realize he's paying for 'em!)

So the only copies of my songs that i have are mp3s, and they damn well better be in order!!

And about my band...ehh, I'm not sure it's going anywhere. our guitarist is an asshole 90% of the time (but he's really good) and our bass player is constantly stoned (yes, there's such thing as too much of a good thing!)

I'll upload a few of my better mp3's to the site if that would be cool, but I'm not sure how much space I'm allowed...5 or 10 megs I think...

also on the subject of bands: I used to fucking loathe dane music, and for the most part I still do, but (i hate to say it!) what really got me interested was the first time i heard "setting sun" on the radio...ever since I have loved big beats and writing my own shit.

also, I GOT A GIG! I'm going to play at a big fucking house party a friend is having; i'm going to be doing about half DJing, half original stuff, and lots of remixes...I'm working on a lot of old school funk-type stuff (parliament, etc, plus some old hip hop and whatnot). I'm slowly discovering why 4 on the floor is fo popular in clubs...I hate it when I'm actually LISTENING to songs, but I love to layer a subtle timestretched (lower) 909 bass drum and maybe a hard breakbeat over a track as it plays...it's real easy to do live and people dig it...my kit's going to consist of my juno, a tx81z, Q80, 1604, 2 discmans (don't laugh!) and some kind of sampler that i will get between now and then...any tips on live shows people?

Message 78/82             05-Sep-98  @  02:43 AM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

xoxos

congrats on the gig.. ever hear meat beat manifesto's 'storm the studio??'

xoxos.

get there early...

Message 79/82             05-Sep-98  @  08:03 AM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

Sedusa

Cuz that "Thump" makes all the girls shake their asses... Hehe, Really tho, when you're high it's pretty easy to lose yourself in the beat when it's all about "BUMP BUMP BUMP"

Message 80/82             05-Sep-98  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

buggo

yeah i know...but when I'm stoned I still prefer reggae!

must be that's why E is the drug of choice at raves. curious thing.

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 82 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)