aaa motivation - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: motivation

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 07-Aug-04  @  08:55 AM   -   motivation

panama

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I sit here with this keyboard and my Macintiosh and wonder about motivation. We
as a group compose beats, noise, and maybe a melody, but why? Is it motivation
or time killed or a good fuck (for our mind)? What motivates us? I get into my room
with all my expensive electronics and push buttons. PUSH BUTTONS? ok, I am a
Master Control Operator for TV. I push lots of butttons and I am not motivated. I
like TV but I like money too, which I make from pushing buttons. Cut to cut, edit to
edit. I put stuff together. BUT, the motivation in music is different. Do I think of
money, no. It silences the world. It keeps me from going mad when my girlfriend
hates and cheats on me. I am motivated to vent my filth. is it filth tho? GOD DAMN
ART! where's the art? I push buttons, I DO NOT bleed while I push piano keys to
bleed in the index. I say, hello macintosh, dear diary, you are much more forgiving
when I am motivated. HA!

FUCK! what is music then? heh, we know then. I have much respect a dude like
Paul Van Dyrk who makes a fabulous track with a chick going: "ERRRMMMM
dAYYYY AHHHH YYEAAA". What the fuck is it about with electronic music then?

so I thereby say, what motivates you (while you know the truth). It's all crap but its
soo good. EVER SHIT on the TOILET and felt, DAMN, I FEEL great while I SHIT.
I'm not ragging like a whore whose dried up a rag crusted to a piece of a card
stock. Leaving you wondering, HOW AM I GONNA WIPE MYSELF? but with the
intelligent notion that what does it all mean? and why are you motivated? and does
it make sense? Is it just easy, or just the latest tool in creation for your motivation
and self-worth?

damn, I love the guys who make money on there electronodal music,

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 71/89             14-Aug-04  @  06:54 PM   -   RE: motivation

mcc>

Link?: Link

when man first arrived on earth fully-diapered in animal furs and skins like the bible says....what day was it?
ohh....6...yes...day six.
well...ever since that day he found a desire to paint things on the walls of caves...and to beat logs and blow whistles...hum and yell and moan tunes to assert his existence and love and fear of things.
sometimes it was fear of the dark.
sometimes it was love for neighbor's wife....
sometimes it was the joy that followed a successful hunt or harvesting of crops.

sometimes it was just about being alive.

sometimes it was about going to africa.

sometimes it was about her eyes and lips and sweet soft roundness.

sometimes it was about heaven and the stars that shone at night.

sometimes it was just BEING alive.

Message 72/89             14-Aug-04  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: motivation

k

indeed - i have this theory about the Pyramids see.... 2000 years ago, the Pharoes looked into the future and realised

1. Egypt had no worthwhile exportable agriculture overflow
2. Egypt had no industry potential due to lack of ores or whatever deposits

so they built those crazy pyramids so that Egypt would have a great tourist industry

lol

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 73/89             15-Aug-04  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: motivation

Pongoid

Well, if you're gonna be regarded as a god, you'd definately do well give people a pretty decent reminder. lol

Ape

Message 74/89             15-Aug-04  @  02:17 AM   -   RE: motivation

mcc>

must've been some pretty hard uplifting slave-songs being moaned all day while building those suckers.

we forgot to mention certain-death as motivation.

Message 75/89             15-Aug-04  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: motivation

mcc>

and the beat goes on.....baby.

Message 76/89             15-Aug-04  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: motivation

Pongoid

Actually, some folks kind of got over the certain death thing. It's how quickly and painfully it happens, and what happens afterward that had/has a lot of them scared. Pretty funny tool for motivation, eh? Piss off a god, and not only do you suffer horribly with an early death of this body, but your Ka weighs heavy in Anubis' scale, and no party in the afterlife for you, it's munchy munchy time for Ammut, the devourer of souls. For the Jews it was a little different, but that's all kind of hearsay, depending on which books you read and believe.

Ape

Message 77/89             15-Aug-04  @  08:58 PM   -   RE: motivation

k

getting new toys is good for motivation. The way you really get into a new synth, processor or whatever... that's a good one.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 78/89             15-Aug-04  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: motivation

mcc>

so true......the new-toy factor is analogous to the new-love equation.
it's sure to introduce some excitement.....even occasionally inspiring a new-found appreciation for the old.
i think lene lovich sang about that some moons ago.
well...her...the damned...the darkness...sam and dave....

Message 79/89             16-Aug-04  @  05:37 AM   -   RE: motivation

Pongoid

While new gear can certainly be motivating for a time, I actually find far more in tools I've had for quite some time, and trying to utilize functions and parameters that I'd earlier dismissed as uninteresting, inefficient, etc.. Alsom it's nice to try things that seem wrong. Those kinds of things give me great motivation.

Ape

Message 80/89             16-Aug-04  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: motivation

CydoniaCell

Over the last 10 years archaeologists have theorized that it was very unlikely that the pyramids were built by slaves. A recent dig unearthed a work camp... records of workers wages, shift logs, etc indicate that it was a highly organized public works project and that those working on the pyrakids were actualy more like middle class blue collar workers, not slaves.

Also, new gear can be a great motivation for many, which for me points to the idea that this brand of music is more immediate than emotional... Most electromusos I know are far more interested in the trip factor of a synth texture than the emotional impact of a track. But let's not confuse emotions for feelings, cause I've always felt that ectronic music was more about the immediacy of a FEELING than the long term purpose of emotional attachment...

I know that's a little zen, but being on the dancefloor can be VERY zen-ish.

shrug

p

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 89 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)