aaa MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Original Message                 Date: 19-Dec-02  @  01:52 PM   -   MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

Makin' $$ from my music!!!

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Who's this guy talking about MIDI is done? Ahhh c'mon buddy (90's Child)! Hmmm, let's just go through a small list of innovators who used and still uses MIDI:

ORB, Prodigy, Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers, Mr Scruff, Goldie, OD 404, DJ Shadow, FSOL, Leftfield, LTJ Bukem, Moby, Beastie Boys, Daft Punk, Basement Jaxx, Dr Dre, etc. That's just to name a few.

Guess what they all used old analogue gear too with MIDI! What's that about comin' to software where it's better? The most important thing in this message that I wanted to get accross to the 90's Child, is that all those producers that I just listed are making BIG BUCKS off their music. What about you and your software? Have you even done a live show? Thank you and good night.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 71/99             27-Dec-02  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

milan

Link?: Link

yup, they sure do. but you know what, i'll bet they are a bunch of trainspotters who came to check out ape's rig  

Message 72/99             27-Dec-02  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

dissonance

I was at this show...the reason why the crowd doesn't appear to be moving is because they had never seen anyone play techno live on V-Drums and some dude playing bass along with the Techno...

this was at the begining of the set...by the middle of the set this place was fucking jumping!

dissonance

Message 73/99             27-Dec-02  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

beds

Link?:  Link

heh check the gurner in the black and white striped shirt in the first pic

Message 74/99             27-Dec-02  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

Scott

Link?:  No link

gotta love those dual reflex bass bins... ;-)

Message 75/99             28-Dec-02  @  02:04 AM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

Pongoid

y'all are too kind. thanks for the props. I'm just tryin to do right, however it comes about, and with whatever tools I can utilize to express something that doesn't come across correctly with words in any language.

Ape

Message 76/99             29-Dec-02  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

realtrance

Pongoid,

I hope some day I can move to your part of the world so I'll get a chance to hear you live.

rt

Message 77/99             29-Dec-02  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

siva

I haven't been around here in a while, but I have to respond to just one thing.

"My view is valued. I'm working on my fourth release. My third record/effort on 20/20 Vision sold 1600 copies. I think that's kinda OKish/respectable for a 24 year old producer who is 3 and a half years into making tracks."

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Just because you have a deal and sold some records makes your arguments more valid than someone else's? There are a lot of people who sell massive amounts of albums who write absolute shit. I'm not saying you're one of them, but don't try to lecture people here about your elitist ways of production. I think you see where it will get you. People here know what they're talking about. They've been producing music far longer than you have.

Try being a little more open with your opinions. And if you come off like an arrogant bastard, you'll get treated like one. Best of luck with your fourth release.

Justin

Message 78/99             29-Dec-02  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

dissonance

realtrance,

you can hear a couple of pongoid's live sets at our site.

www.deepnow.net/paperstreet/pongoid.htm

and also at..

http://www.intelectrical.com/superfly.htm

happy listening

dissonance

Message 79/99             30-Dec-02  @  03:43 AM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

Influx

Hey Justin! whats up man!

I like seein names from the past  now we need Sitar back..and Nobody

and Frostbyte 

Message 80/99             30-Dec-02  @  04:28 AM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

realtrance

Thanks, dissonance.

Yeah, I miss Sitar. Hope he's doing okay.

rt

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

There are 99 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)