aaa Help - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Help

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 29-Dec-03  @  06:02 PM   -   Help

L.Dudley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Ok I have a problem. I'm using cubase vst and trying to record audio files. I play the cd that i want to record and it has some huge echo that gets bigger and ruins the sonmg. This is also apparent when the metronome is clicking and when any other noise plays whilst cubase is open. All I wanna do is record, is there anything I can do to stop this loud babble??? Please help meeeeee

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 81/87             12-Jan-04  @  04:24 PM   -   RE: Help

BluStudio

Link?: Link

theres a program called 'acid' that does that kinda thing- you can tell it what tempo you want and drag a big file in which takes yopu thru a step wizard thing, beat finder i think it is- anyway works 9 times outa 10 for simple quick stuff. you could put them, in that then export the audio files for importing into cubase.

its a few hundred i think still- but prolly do what your asking, an audio editor would be handy too to trim the loops/cut ends starts etc...

blu

Message 82/87             12-Jan-04  @  04:29 PM     Edit: 12-Jan-04  |  04:30 PM   -   RE: Help

k

Link?:  Link

there's an article in the ARTICLES section about setting tempo in VST to a loop - ARTICLES section

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 83/87             12-Jan-04  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: Help

k

VST AUDIO-LOOP STARTER is the name of the article

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 84/87             12-Jan-04  @  05:23 PM   -   RE: Help

mcc>

and what did i say the next lesson would be?

if you can't afford another program like acid etc .......or can't find a cracked one....
you have to open your arrange edit screen so you can see the wave as largely as possible.
now go to what you imagine to be about 2 or 4 bars....or even 1.
that's where you see the peaks and dips in your signal for only that short distance.
put cubase into loop mode for that amount of bars. have your sample chopped at zero-point play and have it start at beat 1.
now play the track and learn to recognize what makes up kicks and what makes up snares in your song....then keep shifting tempo til your beat
starts looping close to what you remember it.
now this might take you a hundred years and/or even setting tempo into the hundredths-of-a-beat-per-minute but it WILL be worth it. : )
relax and enjoy the process.

Message 85/87             12-Jan-04  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: Help

the_dr38

LOL cheers. Thats kinda what I've been doin but I think Im just crap at it. I shall keep practising. That program sounds cool but like u say, it costs. Maybe an investment for the future. I think my problem may be practise... Shall look at the article

Message 86/87             12-Jan-04  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: Help

k

the article shows how to set the tempo from one loop - after that tho, to syncronise a SECOND loop to match the first one, you'll need to apply time-stretch

But it's important to make sure you follow the bar-length rule

if the loop you used to set the tempo was 1 bar long, and the second loop you want to match is 2 bars long, you have to take account of that

time-stretch in VST is pants tho frankly if I remember right - ACID would be easier for sure. You can export from ACID into Cubase and the loops will all be matched to the tempo you set in ACID

mind you, in the old days (sets pipe down and strokes hound-dawg affectionately)... before time-stretch... we'd just increase or decrease the PITCH of a sample loop which would slow it down or speed it up - drums dont suffer so much from doing that because they arent 'tuned' to a key like a conventional instrument or vocal - the drums do go up or down in pitch, but for loops which are fairly close in tempo it works fine.

Message 87/87             12-Jan-04  @  10:07 PM   -   RE: Help

the_dr38

Yes this was the problem I had when using the Akai S3000 before I realised that it had a time stretch facility on it of course. As for Cubase I've been spending a bit of time finding out the tempo by just keep altering it time after time until it sets properley. Then I do the same for the other song and just increase/decrease the tempo by the difference between the two. Doesn't make much sense I know but it seems to work. Is there any place where u can download that 'Acid' programme for free? Apparently there are some free ones but no-one could remember what they were called. lol. I'm getting a copy of Logic and reason 2m, anyone know if they're any good?

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 87 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)