aaa Simple beyond all comprehension - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Simple beyond all comprehension

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             08-Sep-98  @  06:56 AM   -   Simple beyond all comprehension

fmfw

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

What would you lot consider the most basic way to get involved in this electronic music bit? So far as I have been able to tell the best way to get involved would be:

1) Get Making Waves
2) Get Soundforge
3) Use .wav's from wherever editited to shit in soundforge plus maybe some FM from soundforge in MW to create some tunes.
4) Run a few tracks to tape and send 'em off ter yer local dance label.

does this seem reasonable to you? What else would you consider the cheap or easy way (cheap's 'course much more pressing), not to get started, but to actually make some real music?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             08-Sep-98  @  07:11 AM   -   RE: Simple beyond all comprehension

fmfw

course on second thought maybe forget the software and save for a cheap-o sampler or something and just use the computer to sequence. I know this stuff is covered in started setups, and i've read it quite thouroughly. It's just all so geared towards _starting_. Also, with labels; is really sending a tape the only/best way to do it?

Message 3/9             08-Sep-98  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Simple beyond all comprehension

If you want to get your tune out and listened to and make zillions of bucks in the meantine, best thing to do is get a sex-operation and try to enter the eurovision song contest.

Best way to do it is not to think and talk and ask questions about it but just go ahead and do it instead of wasting any more time.

Message 4/9             08-Sep-98  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: Simple beyond all comprehension

fmfw

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA THE WAITING LIST FOR THOSE THINGS? DONT YOU THINK IVE TRIED?!?

Message 5/9             10-Sep-98  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: Simple beyond all comprehension

It isn't that hard you know, basically you just need a sharp knife and some alcohol as desinfectant and painkiller. The alcohol will help smooth the nerves too...

Message 6/9             10-Sep-98  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: Simple beyond all comprehension

fmfw

Really, I'd see that much more as a sex _removal_ than a sex _change_. Seriously though... Someone tell me what you think of the making waves+soundforge bit. I was thinking that since making waves could stream straight to a wav file, I could do that then EQ, and FX it in soundforge and put the bitch back in the song as a loop. This will work, yes?

Message 7/9             11-Sep-98  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: Simple beyond all comprehension

chad_mitchell

I think this will work, but I have found from experience that you start to lose the passion the more you look at that fucking computer and damn grid. Especialy coming at this from being a DJ, computers suck the inspiration out of me. But they are such efficient tools.

-Chad Mitchell-
www.thehipster.com

Message 8/9             12-Sep-98  @  02:42 AM   -   RE: Simple beyond all comprehension

ratfink

two cent sale:

you ccan knock out coupla tunes quickly this way but i have to agee with chad, comes a time when you don't know whether you're sorting out your finances or what with that fucking grid ( and i have no point of comparison mind you, i'm computer born and bred)

also you're gonna be looking to add real time melody/hook lines to yer tunes sometime. to do this you gotta input stuff into your pc thru the soundcard right? which brings me to: is your soundcard up to snuff....a concern tooo when you go to tape. course you could record into a multi track and add overdub real time lines (guitar, vox etc.) on tape but again sound quality from your card?

i expect you can get labels to sign you up based on a soundcard quality demo but when you have to go to press then what? possible solution: get an advance from the label and score better gear for the actual run...

i hope i've helped and that none of this too obvious to you; i'm fairly new at this myself

Message 9/9             12-Sep-98  @  06:17 PM   -   RE: Simple beyond all comprehension

fmfw

Well... with real time stuff, I was thinking I could play it into some simple notation software or something, then quantitize it, and (egad) manually imput that into MW... As far as sound quality I have a (_lord_no_) Awe32. This isn't great, but I was thinking that since MW can stream to disk, I could just take the wave files for a few of my songs, and get a buddy of mine to burn 'em to CD on a CD-R... None of this is elegant, but it seems that everything here will be pro quality for very little money... I dont really see this mentioned when most people talk about it, but to me, the disk streaming function on MW makes it probably 5-10 times more usefull than it would be with out.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)