aaa Should I lose the drum machine ? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Should I lose the drum machine ?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             09-Sep-98  @  10:43 PM   -   Should I lose the drum machine ?

csoldano

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Here goes another post, I have a SR-16, used it so much in the past, but I have a
Korg tr-rack which has great drum sets. I have recorded MIDI loops in Cake 7.0 using the drum sounds on the Korg, plan on getting a sampler soon also.
Do I need to hold on to it or is there some reason I'm not seeing that I should keep it?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             10-Sep-98  @  03:42 AM   -   RE: Should I lose the drum machine ?

kilo

sample it and loose it..... the SR only has 4 tune positions.... that can easily be reproduced with a sampler...

take it to the park maybe... throw a ball along way, wait for the SR to run off after the ball then slip behind a bush or wall, and walk quietly away....

Message 3/9             10-Sep-98  @  05:25 AM   -   RE: Should I lose the drum machine ?

influx

Link?:  Link

Kilo, man...youre almost as funny as jock...cleaner, but funny!!! I can just imagine that poor little SR standing there with a ball in it MIDI IN, wagging its wall wart, hoping that someone will want to use it in one of their cheesy rock songs!!! AAAWWWW!

Message 4/9             11-Sep-98  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: Should I lose the drum machine ?

csoldano

AHAH, yes , I just sold the thing, I can't really dis it
too much cause I used it on my ex-band BELL, BOOK & CANDLE
which are on 3 Cleopatra complilations right now -
GOTH BOX - good track
1000 tears TRIBUTE to THE CURE - did "Primary"
VAMPIRE THEMES - real good one on here

Sorry, coudn't resist to bask in a little past glory.
Now, I need that female singer where is she ?

Message 5/9             11-Sep-98  @  12:24 PM   -   RE: Should I lose the drum machine ?

bill

you sold the sr16? i suppose if you sampled it off then you don't really need it any more - but i'm hanging on to mine - don't like using up polyphony on my sampler with things like hi-hat rhythms or congas - when they sound fine off the sr16.

and it's a nice little portable module/drumsequencer unit to have kicking around.....

Message 6/9             11-Sep-98  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: Should I lose the drum machine ?

skul

the other reason to hold onto it would be to keep your channels separate and "clean". but if you got multiple outs on yer sampler it's prolly no problem.

Message 7/9             11-Sep-98  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: Should I lose the drum machine ?

steve

SR 16??!!! oh right!!.....and after all these years of getting unsatifactory blips and bloops out of it, a friend of mine pointed out that what I in fact had was a Sinclair Spectrum. Same shape,keys,size... Doh! must get my colour blindness and dissleckzeeahrr sorted out.

Message 8/9             11-Sep-98  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: Should I lose the drum machine ?

kilo

did you hear about the dislexic satanists that sold their souls to santa ?

Message 9/9             11-Sep-98  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: Should I lose the drum machine ?

influx

Oh shit, here he goes....too clean Kilo!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)