aaa Good 'Monitor' headphones? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Good 'Monitor' headphones?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             21-Aug-98  @  04:41 PM   -   Good 'Monitor' headphones?

ben

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I live in a small flat where it's not really possible to make shit loads of noise, so I have to write music on headphones..

The only problem is that the headphones I've got at the moment is don't appear to be representing the frequency spectrum too well (most of the tunes sound like they've been passed through a 'shell' effect when I play them back on anything else!).

So, can anyone recommend me a good pair of headphones, or should I just move?  

Cheers for you help,

Ben.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             21-Aug-98  @  04:58 PM   -   RE: Good 'Monitor' headphones?

Richie

Expect to pay around 80 to 100 ukp for a decent pair of monitoring headphones, you could try this site for a general idea of what your after. This is only one make but they have some good pics of what they look like. (Never mind what they sound like) :-)
http://www.akg-acoustics.com

Also try

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/

Hope thats of some help

Message 3/9             21-Aug-98  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: Good 'Monitor' headphones?

Blunted

I'd move.......Headphones will ruin your ears

Message 4/9             21-Aug-98  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: Good 'Monitor' headphones?

skul

AKG - accurate and nice to your ears.

Message 5/9             21-Aug-98  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: Good 'Monitor' headphones?

carles

I have the those AKG´s amd they are very good ... But too many hours in your ears will heat your head a lot .
You can use not too loud speakers too ... Or are your neighbours really crapp ppl ?

Message 6/9             22-Aug-98  @  12:26 AM   -   RE: Good 'Monitor' headphones?

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

My neighbors hate me.. but I continue to mix anyways.. Worst that can happen is they'll evict you.. Never let anybody come between you and your music.. I've had the cops called on me by my neighbors before.. (Rude, don't you think?) .. Monitoring on headphones will fuck up your mix.. So fuck tha neighbors.. (Hmm, actually, they might not mind the noise if you were banging 'em)

Message 7/9             26-Aug-98  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: Good 'Monitor' headphones?

Purple Haze

This might not be really 'on-topic', but then, who cares ?
When I'm trying to get levels and eq right in a track I'm working on, I sometimes turn the volume way down to help me find instruments that are too loud or too quiet or whatever. I don't have any decent theory for it, but I noticed that when I'm having problems with getting everything to sound as if it's one song and nut just a bunch of different things played together, I just turn the volume down and give it another shot. Then when I turn it up again and hear it at 'normal' levels, everything seems to be more balanced.
Hmmm guess I'm not really making much sense here.

Never had any problems with neighbours, but then, I'm always way friendly with them (at least with the two single women that is, even asked one of them in to see my 'gear' ;-) and the guy who lives below me is half deaf, so...

Message 8/9             27-Aug-98  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: Good 'Monitor' headphones?

carles

I think that turn the volume down when you are mixing is great . Too much volume too much time does an effect similar to drink a couple of beers .

(or was the beer really?)

Message 9/9             27-Aug-98  @  11:33 AM   -   RE: Good 'Monitor' headphones?

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

It wouldn't matter if my neighbors were deaf.. Hehe, they'd still get pissed feeling all that sub bass through the floor...

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)