aaa mac to pc - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: mac to pc

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             14-Aug-98  @  01:22 AM   -   mac to pc

cyberbass

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

How is it possible to sync a mac to a pc???
Do I need an extra hardware or shall I only connect the midi ins to outs, or something like that???And how can I send my wav s to the mac???

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             14-Aug-98  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: mac to pc

kilo

well, sync wise..... a simple mtc midi link should do it ok..... files?... welll you could export the mac files over if they were small on a disk... bigger files..... i guess you'd need a shared external drive either jaz, zip or whatever...although fuck knows how youd get round formatting differences...anyone?

Message 3/9             14-Aug-98  @  04:18 PM   -   RE: mac to pc

robbmonn

any modern mac will have PC exchange which will allow andy pc volume to be mounted... zip disks, floppy discs, jaz discs, cd roms, k2000 hard drives, etc. IDE drives, but only if you have a mac w/ IDE and you are hard core enough to ope the things up, etc. I use zip to go between pcs at work, k2000s and my mac with no problem.

Message 4/9             14-Aug-98  @  06:09 PM   -   RE: mac to pc

Mr Mac

OPEN...the mac??.... shit...where's my Apple dealer number?....(rumage...)

Message 5/9             14-Aug-98  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: mac to pc

Greenman

I have a Mac running my sequencer and generating MTC...it's linked to a 233mhz PC via MIDI...works perfect...I use the PC for all of my digital audio (Software sampler, ReBirth, and all of my digital editing)...see, Midi is Midi, it doesn't care what OS you use...

100% perfect timing triggering the samples and syncing to ReBirth...no timing probs whatsoever...I have even synced different sequencers on both machines...works perfect...

use a zip or floppy for sharing files...the mac reads the PC disks as mentioned above...so, keep all of the disks formatted for PC...and I never had to open the box up once...

Message 6/9             15-Aug-98  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: mac to pc

cyberbass

thnx boys..
but the transfer via floopies or zips is not so easy (when you have 10 mb of audio to transfer)Are there another tips to transfer the wavs???

Message 7/9             15-Aug-98  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: mac to pc

Greenman

Zip disks are quite fast. You can set up the two computers on a network, as there is cross platform software available (CopsTalk, even WinNT), but count on this being the SLOWEST method of transfering files...

10mb is fuck all...zip disks will handle that quite nicely...

Message 8/9             17-Aug-98  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: mac to pc

99devils

Don't laugh - network them.

There are a couple of companies which make network in a box type setups... one hub and two cards. They'll probably go about 100 to 200 USD for the whole thing. Forget Appletalk, though... just set up a TCP/IP network with the two machines, share your harddrive on the PC, and you'll be able to speedily and reliably transfer anything between the two.

-Craig

Message 9/9             17-Aug-98  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: mac to pc

speaking from experience, use zips or jazz to share the files. If you use your mac for digital audio at all you'll prefer to keep networking off as it gives your apps more horsepower. Cubase, esp really benefits in the effects dept. from turning all networking off... besides writing to a zip should run faster than a meg a second --- don't tell me you can't wait 10 seconds to move 10 megs.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)