aaa Burning music onto cd's - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Burning music onto cd's

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             30-Jul-98  @  10:39 PM   -   Burning music onto cd's

J.

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I was thinking about burning some tracks onto cdr's and I was wondering if the cd-burn-proggies convert f.instance wav-files directly to digital audio format or do they depend on a good soundcard. Any proggies recommended? tnx.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             30-Jul-98  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: Burning music onto cd's

aphasia

J.

There are a few progs that will do what you want, a goodie is adaptec easy cd creator, or sekd samplitude master but the adaptec one is much easier to use.

The wav file that it burns will only be as good as the card it was recorded with, high end turtle beach cards or the terratech cards would be the best.

regards

aphasia

Message 3/9             31-Jul-98  @  03:04 AM   -   RE: Burning music onto cd's

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

I have a massively edited track on CD-R that was recorded (And then edited profusely, to reduce noise) on a Soundblaster 16!!! ... It sounds fucking great.. The trick to anything, I think, is to know the limitations and strong points of whatever you're using.. But.. If you've got a good quality WAV file of a track, just normalise it and burn away... .. The wav data will be transferred as digital audio in CD readable format.. You don't have to go analog at any point once your track is in Wav format.. Hehe, when I was using a SB 16 out of poor desperation, I spent more on 1/4inch to minijack convertors than I did on the sound card...

Message 4/9             31-Jul-98  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: Burning music onto cd's

Fingers

WinOn CD, Toaster (mac),Easy CD etc etc ...I think they all do audio cds...if you get the top version of WinOnCD it lets you have continual audio cd eg cross fades between tracks etc and puts track numbers WHEREVER you want. ie you can master your collection of tracks as 1 big track and insert the track numbers anywhere. or just have individual waves for each track and it defaults to 2 secs between tracks. Toaster on the mac takes .aif or .mov(quicktime files) to create the audio cd. The last point is quite interesting cause you can do a digital extraction from any audio cd with the basic media player on the mac and it saves it as a quicktime...hmmm...seems like toaster was set up to bootleg CDs...not that I would recommend that...You can also get Toaster CD-DA (?) which lets you do all the fancy stuff that WinOn CD does...

~:¬)

Message 5/9             31-Jul-98  @  02:32 PM   -   RE: Burning music onto cd's

The Pimp

If you have a PC get Easy CD Creator. It is the easiest to use and there is no fussing with it, it can't do the fancy stuff but oh well it gets the job done.

Message 6/9             31-Jul-98  @  03:55 PM   -   RE: Burning music onto cd's

Actually I would recommend Adaptec's excellent Jam proggie for the Mac (Toast... Jam... get it?) It has 16 x fades builtin and makes redbook compliant cd's -- my band's cd was mastered using cubase and internally bounced, xfaded and numbered all in a mac and then master cd was sent right to the duper (saved $500!). Jam also lets you preview all your edits and fades through your digidesign hardware... which sounds great.

AND if you use toast try this... open the audio track window and just strat dragging tracks in from cds... MULTIPLE ONES, then burn the cd... toast will ask you for each cd as it needs it by name -- great for making mix cds... you just set all your tracks, then feed your machine your cds from a pile as it compiles. gotta love that shit.

Message 7/9             31-Jul-98  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: Burning music onto cd's

Fingers

hahaheh

Message 8/9             31-Jul-98  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: Burning music onto cd's

J.

Tnx. Saved me the costs of a cd-burner. 8-^)

Message 9/9             31-Jul-98  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: Burning music onto cd's

/\\/E/\/E

The software that came with my Kodak writer is pretty good. It's CeQuadrat "ToGo", and has PacketCD formatting also. Does the job.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)