aaa Colour the music - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Colour the music

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             19-Jul-98  @  02:21 PM   -   Colour the music

JAWA

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Right, I've got these tunes all done and sequenced and i'm listening to them and there's something missing...... texture, colour basically..... that thing that makes you go ahhhhhh.....

Well I went round my mates to see what we could do about it, and he got out his wavestaion SR and i have NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER been sooooo impressed with something EVER!!!

I want one and he won't sell me his. I also heard about the Emu morpheus (and that seems to be along the same lines.) and the Wavestation A/D version... I really like the idea of putting my guitar and other samples through the wavesequences....Can anybody tell me about these synths? or suggest other "colourful" synths?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             20-Jul-98  @  02:15 AM   -   RE: Colour the music

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

hahaha, good like *whitey* ;)

Message 3/9             20-Jul-98  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: Colour the music

kilo

y'git what y' pay for in multi-layer synths.... any of the bigger units from roland kurzwiel etc have this quality.....

Message 4/9             20-Jul-98  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: Colour the music

Ferg

Along these same lines, sort of, can anyone tell me exactly what an "aural exciter" does, besides sounding obscene.

If I use the exciter effect on my Korg it sounds great and I'm wondering if buying a hardware unit will improve my sound when recording at home.

Ferg

Message 5/9             20-Jul-98  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: Colour the music

JAWA

Yeah cheers Kilo, I just knew you would bring the bloody kurzwiel K2000 into the thread. I LOVE THIS SYNTH TOO.

I tried one out, i knew i couldn't afford one, but i wanted too hear one all the same y'know to see what i was missing see what all the fuss you and other people were making. One word LUSH. Now i've wanted one for like..... ever.

and no matter how many times i think about this colourful synth dilema this bloody kurzwiel keeps appearing in the equation. I want one but i can't have one i'm supposed to be saving for university...... errrrr...... but there's one going for a £925 in SOS...... errrrr..... but the morpheus is cheaper...... but the kurzwiel is soooooo good and sooooo easy to use in comparison and soooo lush....... errrr...... oh fuck it i won't miss a grand out of my savings bank i'll just have to be broke at uni next year.......

Kilo this is all your fault ;)

Seriously though I owe a lot to you and this great site. EYE OPENER OR WHAT? You deserve respect for the hard work you put into this UNPAID HARD WORK as you are always glad to point out too... hehe..... cheers dude.

Message 6/9             20-Jul-98  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: Colour the music

kilo

ha ha... heh eh....... er.....yeah... but in the end... i rarely use the K2 or the wavestation...... depends what you wanna do.....don't use 'em much.... the old dx100 is my favourite..... and yes... you CAN hire it... heh heh

forget the aural exciter... they are a pile 'o' shite...... if you wannn beef up your sound forget that, and get instead the Barcus Berry Sonic-Maximiser....... but DONT overuse it's 'Definition' control, otherwise it thins things out at the top overly... BUT... i add's MASSIVE punch to the bass-mid....especially the kik... stomach-caving stuff...... and you can pile on bottom end until your speakers burst.....

but the aphex aural exciter..... er..... nah... waste of time...... it's really for non transient material... vocals, guitars, pads etc..... and even then, it's so subtle, no-ones gonna hear it in a club.... UN-like the BB maximiser... heh heh.... just dont overdo it.... and yes... the cheap fixed stereo version is cool.... dont bother wasting dosh on the dual one........

be careful.... you love your speakers right !!?

Message 7/9             21-Jul-98  @  06:40 AM   -   RE: Colour the music

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Yes, BBE's are key. Excellent for recording vocals, as well, but you shouldn't really mix with these things; get the track sounding great, and when you add them in at the end it's UNBELIEVABLE. The Beringer is no good, either, and the SES imagers cool, though different.

Has anybody heard those wavestation cards you can get for the k2000? 35 quid, right (I've never seen them in American mags)?

Message 8/9             21-Jul-98  @  12:29 PM   -   RE: Colour the music

kilo

oh yes...... one thing..... it says in tha manual (BBE Maximiser).... ALWAYS apply the bbe BEFORE dding any reverb or fx.... basically, add in the BBE prior to setting up the reverbs etc...... mix...set the eq & levels... then switch it is,... set the definition..... roll off the top end maybe.... and add fx...... you have to be real careful to otherwise the top mid dissapears..... and you get a really thin sounding definition to the detail end......

Message 9/9             22-Jul-98  @  12:46 AM   -   RE: Colour the music

carles

Is 200$ (30.000pesetas) a good price to an BBE sonic maximizer ?
I saw it in a shop near my house but havent had a chance to try it yet . Is it good to enhance the bass track bottom end ?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)