aaa I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT I'M DOING..! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT I'M DOING..!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             21-Jul-98  @  09:22 PM   -   I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT I'M DOING..!

Daniella.....ICQ15008858

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

O>K, after a humongous computer melt down last week, i am alas back with a wee problem. Hw the fuck do i get my track out of Cubase VST, in a 'sound file' ready for real-audio encoding...????????? I'm sure there is a very simple explanation for this, but i'll be fucking buggered if i know what it is. Up all fucking night last night trying to do this, and quite frankly, i just can't afford that kind of 'straw' quantity.!

Oh, and i no longer have a home at the end of this month, so i'll have to get my skint, no good arse back over to sunny Manchester.......If anyone should know the whearabouts of one of them 'job' thingy's, i'd be happy to take the time to track the fucker down....Oh, and if anyone's got any of that money stuff, and a phone line for my modem......????....what?
Sitting here, smoking bales, waiting for someone to help...if none comes soon, you might be able to pick up a nice(but kicked-in) p.c in the classifieds real cheap.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             21-Jul-98  @  10:19 PM   -   RE: I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT I'M DOING..!

Rouge

Why? Whats happened? Anyway check out a little club called the Isobar.... it used to be known as something else (can't remember) but they're always looking for cute bar girls so give them a try!

Anyway I've moved back to London so I'm not sure whats going on up there in that grey miserable god-forsaken place!

Message 3/9             21-Jul-98  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT I'M DOING..!

kilo

well....... this can only be done, if all the tracks are audio..... otherwise, you need to record any external midi kit into a vst track/s.... and then....

u use the EXPORT AUDIO function under file menu.... now you can select wether to also process mixer and fx & eq setting as well..... i dunno if it will include all the realtime changes across time.... experiment with a single short file to check it..... also, i dont know if you have to highlight all the audio tracks you want included..... probably yes... but it mixes down all tracks between left & right marker....
,p>
i treid opening it in another programme... it was there, all as a single file..... good luck

as for the rest of the post..... mail me..... there are a few things going on actually at our end......

Message 4/9             22-Jul-98  @  12:27 AM   -   RE: I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT I'M DOING..!

daniella.

I think i got that...i'll give it a try.
Well, i think it was my new sound card, or an extra hard disk, that i recently installed...whatever it was, i fucked up my whole system directory, and had to wipe the h/d as well as reconfigure the system...install new windows 95...etc,etc.....for now at least, this seems to be doing the trick.

THE FUCKING ISOBAR....he-he....I got a little naughty in there once as i recall....anyway, i don't want to be staying in Manchester long....it aint the little party gem that it once was...if you know what i mean..!

off to try again...If i succeed anytime soon, i'll send you some RA Kilo.....

Message 5/9             22-Jul-98  @  03:06 AM   -   RE: I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT I'M DOING..!

daniella

Ok, so i can mix down the audio tracks to a single audio file (obviously), and then i mix down all the midi tracks to a single file, then try to export this as an 'Audio file'. It seems to do it, but when i try to import the file...nothing plays-the bastard is empty....!!! How the fuck do i mix audio AND midi tracks into one 'Audio' file....????????????????????????
Great....now i'm getting messages telling me my audio card is fucked.....some kind of error message........FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now i can't use Cubase........STRAW>>>>>

Message 6/9             22-Jul-98  @  04:38 AM   -   RE: I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT I'M DOING..!

Greenman

straw...straw...straw...

um...hehe...hehe....I once had to reinstall windows 7 times in one week...

IF _ U SEE KAY...tell her I've left her for an 800mHz PowerPC with 7 gigs of RAM and not a copy of Cubase in sight...

hehe...move to the states...now the weather right sucks down here too...

Message 7/9             22-Jul-98  @  11:28 AM   -   RE: I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT I'M DOING..!

Strawhead

Hay you lot, at the end of the day.............it doesn’t really matter.

Things have a way of sorting themselves out.

Straw....
Straw....
Straw....
Straw....
Straw....
Straw....

Straw

Straw.

Love.

Mr Head.

Message 8/9             22-Jul-98  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT I'M DOING..!

kilo

Daniella...... read the above again.... set up the mix..... then route all the EXTERNAL midi kit audio - IN to the soundcard and route it to a stereo audio track...... then record it....
then.... you have all your traditional audio tracks... plus a stereo audio track of the external midi kit.... THEN do the export audio function....... resulting in a stereo audio .wav of all the song

kilo

Message 9/9             24-Jul-98  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT I'M DOING..!

daniella...

Now i get it........Fuck if you lot would have seen what i was trying.....
Anyway, doesn't matter anymore.......FUCKING STEINBURG BASTARDS HAVE FUVKED MY COMPUTER!!!!!
i can't do any of this till Cubase will let me have my tracks back.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)