aaa Nightmare service - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Nightmare service

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             22-Jul-98  @  08:08 PM   -   Nightmare service

JAWA

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just thought about this while answering to the Korg thread.

I was wondering what is the worst service any of you guys have received from a manufacturer/retailer whatever. Its interesting to know because when the same thing happens to somebody else it may help them deal with it.

My worst was with this shop called EMIS when i waited for a month for an operating system from them for my Emax SE that i purchased from them.
They'd sent me the Emax HD. which locked up my emax everytime i tried to load a bank.

In the end i phoned up EMU on the offchance that they might have an old one in a bin somewhere and they treated me like a God for having bought one and sent me the latest operating sytem two days later. Version 3.2 i think. Up until tht point i had only been able to play the Arco strings disc i got with it and not use any of the SE functions.

Four weeks later a package arrived from EMIS with the SE operating system. Version 1.1. Bastards.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             22-Jul-98  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: Nightmare service

MartinB

Emu have always been great to me when I have had a query over their kit.

Message 3/9             22-Jul-98  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: Nightmare service

Mindspawn

Link?:  Link

Guitar Center.
I had bought several pieces of gear from them, including an A3000. I was looking to get an upgrade to the A3k OS. The fuckers claimed everything was set and ordered. Waited for 6 weeks, nothin'. Called 'em,"Oh we will have it waiting for you." Went in, nada...Didn't know what I was talking about. Claimed they had never heard of the upgrade or my order. Gave them the order number I had been given over the phone. "Uh well we don't know how this happened, but we'll have it right for you by this evening." A week later I still hadn't heard anything, called back and the guy tells me I am mistaken, that Yamaha doesn't offer upgrades for the A3k, said he called Yamaha direct. So I called Yamaha direct, they did in fact have upgrades, they were in fact free (this was prior to the version 2.0 OS) and they usually sent these out via your retailer. I told them my woes with Guitar Center. They sent me the upgrade free of cahrge. I haven't been back to Guitar Center.

Mindspawn

Message 4/9             22-Jul-98  @  11:45 PM   -   RE: Nightmare service

uh... damn... i would be happy if i had
an a3000

Holger

Message 5/9             23-Jul-98  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: Nightmare service

Blunted

Me too....

Message 6/9             23-Jul-98  @  01:34 AM   -   RE: Nightmare service

hehehe

Message 7/9             23-Jul-98  @  06:49 AM   -   RE: Nightmare service

Mindspawn

Well, I am happy with the A3k, just not the shoddy treament one gets from Guitar Center. The fuck of it is, they're usually the ones with the best deals and the best selection. Still, in me own small way, I can 'get back at 'em' by not patronizing their shops. Course, I'm one imp against a league of demons, but it's worth it to pay a fair price and get good service, too.

Peace All.

Message 8/9             23-Jul-98  @  08:25 AM   -   RE: Nightmare service

kilo

it's always the way tho... cheapest prices mean worst service... always....

Message 9/9             23-Jul-98  @  05:37 PM   -   RE: Nightmare service

Hilevelt

Yeah, I've got some real good friends that work at Guitar Center, and even they take forever with shit. Still, they've been a godsend for me deal-wise (I just saw them sell a wavestation sr for $350, DAMN!)

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)