aaa ROLAND - JV1010 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: ROLAND - JV1010

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             14-Feb-04  @  12:39 PM   -   ROLAND - JV1010      [Link: - ]

sccave

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm really interested in the Roland JV1010 as my wife is a budding classical composer. She needs to be able to reproduce the sounds of orchestral instruments accurately; her current composition is for clarinet,viola and piano, and the poor old Clavinova she is using just can't cope. So will the JV1010 provide authentic clarinet and string sounds out of the box?

[This is a question post from a dancetech product page - Replying will send a flag to the person who has added the question.]

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             14-Feb-04  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: ROLAND - JV1010

mcc>

best bet would be to go hear one for yourselves.
let her play it and determine if those particular sounds are good enough for her.
i'd imagine the 1010 would do much better than an old clavinova.

[This is a question post from a dancetech product page - Replying will send a flag to the person who has added the question.]

Message 3/9             14-Feb-04  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: ROLAND - JV1010

xoxos

Link?: Link

I'LL SELL YOU MINE!!! :O

great condition, used lovingly.

accurate reproduction? lol! :p i'm not helping, am i..

the jv can be a lot of fun, but there's not a whole lot of velo switching, there are no 'alternate bowings,' or any of the other more advanced features you'll find with modern products. velocity/aftertouch programming doesn't do a lot imo to hide each trumpet sample having the same attack sound. convincing=impossible, passable in a mix, perhaps.. passable for tv commercials? nothing better :p the synthetic aura is expected.

you probably want to look at softwares like the garritan personal orchestra.. course, ideally, you want to wait a few years until they've upped these to several bowing vars and a bargain pricetag..

in one way, it's (well, all the romplers are) an amazing box, with 64 poly and considerable synthesis ability.. there are lots of strings and pianos available (pianos have a dc punch that *always* hurts my ears but you don't hear anyone else complaining) but clarinets.. only a few, probably based around one internal sample map.. horns, umm.. miami vice?

if you can't find one, i'll do you a demo mp3 if there are sounds you want to check out.

the jv1010 was super rewarding for me because it's exactly the thing for cheesy sounding jingle music.. loads and loads of fun from a synthesist's perspective.

my other recommendation, if she's got 'serious ears,' would be to pursue a physical modeling platform. much more convinving performance than any sample based instrument imo.

Message 4/9             14-Feb-04  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: ROLAND - JV1010

xoxos

bottom of the page at this url:

buttercup = entirely jv1010 drums, guitar, bass, organs 50's ish

hay on you - i think this is all jv1010, has clarinet and piano

sold = jv1010 apart from sax, strings, and voices. those are z1 physical modeling!

Message 5/9             14-Feb-04  @  06:27 PM   -   RE: ROLAND - JV1010

k

stop, cease, desist!

EDIROL ORCHESTRAL VSTi

trust me, that's what you want... amazing product.. all orchestral, - 40 peice to quartets and quintets, even Baroque instrumentation. built in fx too and eq

Message 6/9             14-Feb-04  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: ROLAND - JV1010

GrooveMonkey

I used to own a JV1010 but never found teh orchestral sounds much cop. They are not too bad, but are not really convining enuff. I'd urge you to check out the edirol orchestral plug.. way better than a jv1010

G

Message 7/9             14-Feb-04  @  11:06 PM   -   RE: ROLAND - JV1010

Influx

I dont think we're talkin PC here, K

are we? If so, then you dont need an external deal

but..heh...if you want to REALLY go...find a yamaha VL-1m, period

Message 8/9             14-Feb-04  @  11:53 PM   -   RE: ROLAND - JV1010

milan

with 2 notes of polyphony?

Message 9/9             15-Feb-04  @  10:09 AM   -   RE: ROLAND - JV1010

k

Link?:  Link

well I doubt you could compose arrange classical work on a hardware sequencer - probably she's using a score-based composition s/w such as sebelius?

sccave@hotmail.com - can you tell us the sequencer being used?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)