aaa Korg MS-20 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Korg MS-20

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             12-Sep-03  @  08:56 AM   -   Korg MS-20

francis

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hello, I'm canvassing for opinions on the Korg MS-20. I'm enamored with the sound, but just don't know if the price tag is justified. My only other synth is a nordlead1--I'm essentially looking for an analog that will complement it. Seems theres a paucity of threads devoted to the MS20, so if anyone here could offer their experiences with this synth or a commentary on its sound character, et c, It would help immensely. Cheers!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             12-Sep-03  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: Korg MS-20

marianimal

Wonderful sounds, especially good fat bass tones. A bandmate had one several years ago. I'm not sure there's any way to modify it to receive MIDI, don't know about the technicalities of that, if MIDI matters to you. It's monophonic, of course, which won't matter if you're mostly recording with it, or just using it for bass. I just noticed some schematics for it up on ebay, which could be really useful if you want to get into patching it up, which is prolly even more exciting than playing it the way it is.

Message 3/9             12-Sep-03  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: Korg MS-20

influx

Link?:  Link

sick. one of the coolest synths ever.

Message 4/9             12-Sep-03  @  11:50 PM     Edit: 13-Sep-03  |  12:09 AM   -   RE: Korg MS-20

Pongoid

Link?: Link

I'd say it's probably one of the ballsiest synths ever made. The Mini is pretty damn fat too, a nice alternative, but not the same sound. The Mini is totally stinky, warm and funky but the MS-20 sounds bigger, dirtier and thicker. HUGE sound, and some very cool effects can come out of it. It has a Hz-V scale so it uses a strange convertor if you want to Midi it, but it can be done and quite nicely.

Ape

Message 5/9             14-Sep-03  @  07:08 AM   -   RE: Korg MS-20

francis

thanks for all the replies.

Does anyone know where I can find some audio samples of the MS20? Or perhaps a track that features the MS20 that I can download? I searched and haven't found anything substantial.

pongoid, you mentioned the Minimoog, which I've also been considering. Only drawback is the price...it's significantly steeper than the ms20. It's a shame I don't have access to any of these synths...I'd really like to play one before dropping the cash.

Message 6/9             15-Sep-03  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: Korg MS-20

knowa

Link?:  Link

mr. oizo "analog worms attack" is just an akai sampler and 2 ms-20's. and a space echo I think. that will answer all your questions.

Message 7/9             15-Sep-03  @  07:06 PM   -   RE: Korg MS-20

Influx

I forgot to say, SYNTH FORUM. over there on the left. see it? ;)

and:

http://www.tweakheadz.com/ms20.html

theres a sample CD. Might be audio there.

took me 5 seconds. "Korg MS20 samples" in MS search

simple 

Message 8/9             16-Sep-03  @  01:32 PM   -   RE: Korg MS-20

milan

hehe... in Austria there's even a band called "Freundeskreis MS20" (friends of ms20), who make their tunes using only MS20, MS10, and that vocoder from the MS series.

Message 9/9             19-Sep-03  @  04:14 PM   -   RE: Korg MS-20

seantyas

korg is making a ms20 plugin for vst... might be worth the wait. They seem to be taking longer than forever though..

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)