aaa anyone else ever wonder? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: anyone else ever wonder?

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Original Message                 Date: 19-Mar-04  @  08:13 PM   -   anyone else ever wonder?

influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

this is a post I threw up somewhere else. Didnt know what forum...go ahead and razz me if you think I chose the wrong one:

"I just spent the last few weeks doing some major changes in my studio setup. soundproofing, new desk, new audio interface.

and now I cant write jack shit. Ive had less and less hardware over the last few years, and my output has dropped significantly. The sound quality is much _cleaner_ now, and I have far more power at my disposal than ever before, but...

everything feels so cold and clinical now! That feeling of grabbing my old akai AX-60, juno106, waldorf pulse...gone. Now its just a mouse and a screen. I still have my virus of course, but somehow even that isnt as exciting anymore because I just make some sounds and then record them into cubase.

some of you are gonna shit their pants, but I actually kinda miss sequencing in midi. I dont miss HW sequencers, but...my old Atari Falcon! Yes, Im serious.

midi sequencing, realtime mixdowns (sending to effects, channel fades, playing with mutes)

I know Im definitely going against the grain here, as everyone is so in love with all that computers offer (heh, the thought of not having a UAD-1 anymore gives me the shakes I tell ya!)

but...anyone else think that maybe, truly, honestly, technology is slowly but surely removing the humanity from the music making equation?

Im not only talking about the "anyone can do it" aspect even though that is clearly true, but...just..the spontaneity, the hands on feel? the..."realness" of it?

oh and btw...nectarios..PLEASE...we know where you stand so...if youre gonna pull the "digital sucks" thing..just save it, ok? "

(the last part is for this guy there that CONSTANTLY throws his "yeah well, my ____ analog sounds WAY better than ____"

gets fckin old, so I dropped a preemptive strike on 'im

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 81/107             31-Mar-04  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

battleship

Link?:  No link

No no, catch 22...

Snowden's big secret, that's the meaning of life.

Message 82/107             31-Mar-04  @  09:54 PM     Edit: 31-Mar-04  |  09:55 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

craig

Link?: Link

I've read the Silmarillion, and the Unfinished tales as well, but I'm not so big a geek as to read the rest of the Christopher Tolkien books... Wanker making money of of his dead dad's old notebooks if you ask me   Anyways, there're some really great stories in that book... I love the story of Turin and Glaurung especially.

I did also really like the concept of the whole universe beginning as music, and evil arising from dischordance.. Very cool concept.

Message 83/107             01-Apr-04  @  02:02 AM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

mcc>

mick....i think whatever you step out of and into should be done in a spirit of earnestness and innocence....and, without question, with the goal of breaking free of anything which grants you the right to depression.
be it camping or the ballet....the deeper the immersion the deeper the reward.

as for guilt....screw that x....unless it's in your basic nature.
it's of little value unless we're passing-the-plate.
but if it's change you're after for aesthetic reasons...i say by all means go for it.

sent ya something btw....for aesthetic reasons and perhaps even as thanks...
mind you!

Message 84/107             01-Apr-04  @  02:14 AM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

mcc>

of course you can't read stephen king and know who studs terkel is.

i'll give it up for the dead zone.

Message 85/107             01-Apr-04  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

d

craig thats exactly what i was talking about- the creation of the universe through music....awesome concept!!!

wonder how that would have sounded?

greg

Message 86/107             01-Apr-04  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

dub-munkey

i read the first book by chris as it is the silmarrillion but told in a more descriptive narrative style- cant see me reading all 12 though-

yeah i thought that story was damn cool too! also the one about (is it?) hourn? basically the other amjor siege story...

cool stuff....

currently the DT series is turning into a bit of a matrix 3.......soooo many big promises......little delivery...

greg

Message 87/107             01-Apr-04  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

xoxos

"it's of little value unless we're passing-the-plate."

you mean like when you buy/rent entertainment or absorb advertising?

and would one of you "that sounds nice, music is good, dischord is evil' like to explain dischord to me in a nice, objective fashion?

is it like that industrial moaning crap you lot listen to?   you know what's evil matey, is bloody good. it stinks.

Message 88/107             01-Apr-04  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

craig

Oh, it's not a philosophy I subscribe to, it's just a story....

Message 89/107             02-Apr-04  @  08:05 AM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

brains.

Ahh I like this thread, alot of different opinions from a varied range of humans, all into different styles of music, and all having different opinions about hardware and software. Alot of nonsense in this thread, but it made me laugh... Alot of truth in this thread tooo... I think people have to realise that yes, everybody has an opinion, and that we just have to respect peoples opinions for what they are. For example,

I understand how people love their hardware, after all if it wasnt for hardware, there wouldnt be software? lol does that make sense?

Software comes from hardware, or is it hardware comes from software? im confused, this thread is making me think.. Farr out man, all I ever do is think, maybe i should make some music ?

example, alot of stuff is hapening in the world right now, alot of stuff is happening to me both physically and emotionally , I honestly find no better way to escae\pe from all the shit, (excuse the french) then to start up cubase, start up your controllers, start up fruity, start up whatever takes your breathe away, and concentrate on the one thing that makes you not concentrate lol. music?>

dont listen to me, im a useless person with no idea about music, and no idea about reality.

Message 90/107             02-Apr-04  @  08:07 AM   -   RE: anyone else ever wonder?

brains

YAY HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE !!!!!! IVE FOUNDED THE ANSWER

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

There are 107 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)