aaa Moonshine Records Baybeeeee!!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Moonshine Records Baybeeeee!!!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Original Message                 Date: 30-Jan-02  @  10:57 PM   -   Moonshine Records Baybeeeee!!!

influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I was waiting to say anything about this but I just cant hold it in any longer

I got a track on Simply Jeff's new mix!!! Moonshine! Just picked up an advance copy.

damn. I'm all shaky and shit.

Thanks everyone, especially Kilo. I honestly wouldnt have learned what I've learned without this site. Utmost sincerity there.

and thanks to Simply Jeff for giving me a shot!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 81/111             16-Sep-03  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: Moonshine Records Baybeeeee!!!

Influx

Link?: Link

dont have IM, man. sorry.

Message 82/111             16-Sep-03  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: Moonshine Records Baybeeeee!!!

mcc>

Link?:  No link

hey...we wanna know the dirt.

not a big moonshine fan myself.

Message 83/111             16-Sep-03  @  11:40 PM   -   RE: Moonshine Records Baybeeeee!!!

Influx

yeah but fck..they WERE at least PAYING for tracks, unlike anyone else.

but..then again...getting them to pay up is a different story, isnt it. sucky

theyre havin a hard time financially, just like everyone else...so they stop payin what they owe. sheesh

Message 84/111             17-Sep-03  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: Moonshine Records Baybeeeee!!!

mcc>

well...they had to pay keoki.

Message 85/111             17-Sep-03  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: Moonshine Records Baybeeeee!!!

Influx

honestly, yet another reason why its not a good idea to go so "big"...

Message 86/111             17-Sep-03  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: Moonshine Records Baybeeeee!!!

Omo

Good on ya influx - well done. Just for your interest, I prefered your original mix of Darkness to the release mix.

Moonshine Records? Are they anything to do with Moonshine Movies, the people that put out the Mixmasters DVD's? I've just bought one of those from the US, cos it's not available here in the UK. Typical innit - a British television proggie, and I've got order the DVD from the States.

Message 87/111             17-Sep-03  @  12:27 AM   -   RE: Moonshine Records Baybeeeee!!!

Boo

Link?:  Link

I saw Keoki on my drive home past the Hollywood bowl. He was in a 3 series convertible with a personalized 'keoki' liscence plate. That's where all their money went.

Message 88/111             17-Sep-03  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: Moonshine Records Baybeeeee!!!

seantyas

well the dirt is simple, signed a track to em (well I signed it in april, they signed it 5/14), and the contract gave them 3 months "from delivery of masters" to pay, which is pretty lenient payment schedule according to other labels who I had asked. So at the very latest contractually, with me being patient, 8/14 would supposedly be the absolute latest they could pay before breech.

Since then I have sent an average of 3 emails and called there (btw, they dont have a number that you can call to speak to a human, its ALL voicemail!) at least twice per week. All I get for an answer from their business manager is :"no answer yet"... scary, well, I will continue on that path and keep pressing them... and funnily enough, they HAVE already used the track on a ferry corsten's live spundae dvd, and that came out in late july.

It's no wonder people want to say screw labels and go do their own thing...

Message 89/111             17-Sep-03  @  03:26 PM   -   RE: Moonshine Records Baybeeeee!!!

mcc>

screw labels and do your own thing.

nevertheless...congrats on your work getting released on moonshine....and good luck. be persistent and be patient.

Message 90/111             17-Sep-03  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: Moonshine Records Baybeeeee!!!

seantyas

thank you, I will certainly try... it's a bitch but i guess worth it nonetheless.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

There are 111 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)