aaa MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Original Message                 Date: 19-Dec-02  @  01:52 PM   -   MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

Makin' $$ from my music!!!

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Who's this guy talking about MIDI is done? Ahhh c'mon buddy (90's Child)! Hmmm, let's just go through a small list of innovators who used and still uses MIDI:

ORB, Prodigy, Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers, Mr Scruff, Goldie, OD 404, DJ Shadow, FSOL, Leftfield, LTJ Bukem, Moby, Beastie Boys, Daft Punk, Basement Jaxx, Dr Dre, etc. That's just to name a few.

Guess what they all used old analogue gear too with MIDI! What's that about comin' to software where it's better? The most important thing in this message that I wanted to get accross to the 90's Child, is that all those producers that I just listed are making BIG BUCKS off their music. What about you and your software? Have you even done a live show? Thank you and good night.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 81/99             30-Dec-02  @  09:49 AM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

TiC

well 90īs child you have released an album (or three) and that shows how little you need to know about the technicalitys of music making to actually make good tracks (i am assuming that 20/20 vision makes qualitiy releases)
I read your little apology if u had written that stuff from the beginning then this thread might have been a disscussion instead of a slag fest.
And pongoid u need to learn how to be a little more gentle. I often have the exact same opinion as u but sometimes u make me ashamed of being on your side. Try keeping it on topic and lay of with the personal attacks
or are you just one of those attention seeking nazi-kommunists?  
And i have made music without any midi at all in Fast tracker II *lol* and that totally rules (on a soundblaster 16 card in dos that is)

Message 82/99             30-Dec-02  @  04:55 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

errata

"nazi-kommunists?"

WTF... is that?

e

Message 83/99             30-Dec-02  @  05:37 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

Steve Roughley

90's Child, You're released on 20/20? Do you mean Ralph Lawsons 20/20 Vision Label from Leeds? Which track was it? I love alot of the 20/20 vision stuff.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 84/99             30-Dec-02  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

bedwyr

Link?: Link

there's only 1 20/20, i got a few of the early releases from when i used to buy tunes.

i always think ralph is a stupid name though.

Message 85/99             30-Dec-02  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

Steve Roughley

The name is kinda fitting when you meet him. Besides, there's not too much he could have done about it when his parents named him.

Steve.

Message 86/99             30-Dec-02  @  10:46 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

TiC

the "nazi-communists" are the badguys in a simpson episode (well i guess you just have to be me to understand my sense of humor)

Message 87/99             01-Jan-03  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

siva

Link?:  Link

What's going on Influx? Sitar, Nobody, and Frostbyte are gone or just laying low for a while? I've been fairly busy with school, but still writing tunes like always. It got hard keeping up here, but I think I'll be back for a while.

Justin

Message 88/99             01-Jan-03  @  01:22 AM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

Influx

Link?:  Link

Sitar is just takin a break. He IS ok tho. I finally got ahold of him

Nobody seems to have sorta holed up into a cave of seclusion and secrecy unfortunately

and..heh..frostbyte is around under a different guise

Message 89/99             01-Jan-03  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

Kreature

Ho, hum. A most interesting debate. Sounds like some people have too much spare time. Having just spen half an hour reafing this most enthralling discussion I feel I should add something, sorry.

In the age where evolution is removing itself from the clutches of natural selection, and moving into the field of tech-sector investment. It's not surprising that people find the concept of themselves, or any part of their lives becoming obsolete a scary prospect, so the defensive attitudes of all should be forgiven.

The question 'how far will it go?' is easy enough to answer if you look back to the days of the primordial soup and ask the same question in retrospect.

MIDI will die, Pro Tools will die. It's just a matter of when, so there doesn't seem to be any point in wasting sleep or breath over it.

Hypocrisy however will never die, as I've just so eloquently proven.

By the way, my old man's a mushroom.
PLUR

Message 90/99             02-Jan-03  @  10:41 AM   -   RE: MIDI that's the way uh hu- uh uh...

panama

argh, that was retarded.

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

There are 99 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)