aaa Will Roland Corp. repair my 303? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Will Roland Corp. repair my 303?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             23-Nov-00  @  02:18 AM   -   Will Roland Corp. repair my 303?

Chroma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm much closer to japan than the UK...and it just seems the price of shipping alone (not to mention repairs) would do me in...so does roland still fix these things?? i imagine they'd have the parts?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             23-Nov-00  @  08:33 AM   -   RE: Will Roland Corp. repair my 303?

Maarten

Link?:  Link

Probably depends on what's broken, I wouldn't take for granted that they have the parts though. Doesn't Mr Whittle in Australia repair, or is that only for the Devilfishes?

Good luck,

-M-

Message 3/10             23-Nov-00  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: Will Roland Corp. repair my 303?

trevor

I wouldn't bet on Roland being able to repair your 303 if it requires difficult or impossible to obtain replacement parts. Though I have always wondered if Roland would have their own stash of parts such as replacement pots and so on for carrying out their own repairs.

However, I should think that rather than having their own main repair facility, they would probably just refer you to your nearest authorised Roland repair centre for items such as the 303 which are long out of guarantee. And that repair centre would have just as much difficulty in obtaining certain parts as anyone else would.

Incidentaly sending a 303 to the UK or wherever would not actually be all that expensive... I sent an item over a similar distance recently and it was about as heavy as a 303... cost about 5GBP I think. Put it this way, getting me to repair it (or anyone else in the world for that matter) would probably work out cheaper, inluding shipping, than Roland.

Trev

Message 4/10             24-Nov-00  @  02:01 AM   -   RE: Will Roland Corp. repair my 303?

oldskool

I'd be very surprised if Roland would even look at it, they seem totally uninterested in doing repairs on older gear.  

Message 5/10             24-Nov-00  @  08:58 PM   -   RE: Will Roland Corp. repair my 303?

trev

What's wrong with it? Tell me and I'll go sad bastard mode like I normally do and explain in extremely uninteresting detail exactly whats wrong with it.

Message 6/10             27-Nov-00  @  04:15 AM   -   RE: Will Roland Corp. repair my 303?

chroma

okay..i've posted here before and i've checked it out since then...

everything works; i can input notes, slides, accents, up/down, i can even hear the notes as i punch them in (i can almost play it like a monophonic keyboard  , the run button even triggers my 606 which is hooked up to it...everything EXCEPT play back my patterns...

trev, you said before it had something to do with the CPU? how much would it cost to fix it if that were the case?

thanx

Message 7/10             27-Nov-00  @  11:28 AM   -   RE: Will Roland Corp. repair my 303?

trevor

Hello..

It sounds like it could be something very simple, like a faulty DIY sync socket on the back for example. The switch contacts inside could wear and any faults with this could prevent either the run/stop signal or clock signals that are generated inside the 303 being transferred to the CPU. But these signals might still be transmitted from the sync socket, hence it will actually control your 606 just fine.

Hmmmm... actually I can think of a number of possible causes. I'd have to look at it. I certainly would not suspect the CPU though. I'd certainly get it going, there's no fault in the TB303 that I couldn't repair.

If it were something straightforward then I'd just ask you to pay for shipping expenses, cos I'm a nice guy  

trev

Message 8/10             27-Nov-00  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: Will Roland Corp. repair my 303?

argh

DIY = DIN of course... doh

Message 9/10             28-Nov-00  @  05:27 AM   -   RE: Will Roland Corp. repair my 303?

chroma

trev: lame as this may seem i've asked fedex and even just shipping is gonna wipe me out (outrageous exchange rate)...you are a prince though, thanks for your time...i'll just have to sort it out this side of the globe...

Message 10/10             28-Nov-00  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: Will Roland Corp. repair my 303?

trevor

Damn, that's pretty bad. How much did they quote you? I recently sent a guitar pedal to the states and I think that cost be under 5GBP. Not sure what the exchange rate is at the moment but I guess that comes to something like $7.50 or just a bit under.

You might find that other postal services are cheaper, I dunno.. Fedex may charge for speedy delivery..
Is normal post any cheaper?

Anyway the offer still stands if you can get that thing over to me.

Trev

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)