aaa Just an idea... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Just an idea...

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             10-Nov-00  @  12:20 AM   -   Just an idea...

Rzo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

OK here's my idea for a future OS update:
A simple osciliscope option to view all of these nifty waveforms! It would be very helpful in my mind to be able to see the waves being manipulated.
The SN II's already have a spectrum analyzer (or whatever it is) in the vocoder section. Just an idea... What do you think?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             10-Nov-00  @  09:27 AM   -   RE: Just an idea...

phunkytek

it would tax the system. the spectral eq pulse on the vocode is just a level indicator of eq bands sent to led. A wave generating graphic on the screen is not possible. It doesn't have the resolution and it would take way to much power for real time.

Message 3/10             10-Nov-00  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: Just an idea...

pressure

Heres another idea that I think would be very cool, if the lfo's/envelopes could produce/send midi controller or nrpn data then virtually any aspect of the sound creation could be modulated from these sources.

Message 4/10             10-Nov-00  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: Just an idea...

stevoe

I have an even cooler idea for Novation.. Why don't they design a Virtual Supernova to be run on PC/MAC or maybe Pulsar or some other platform. I'm sure it would be a major success.. The next stage is to develop a Novation 'virtual' modular system!!! Come on Novation do it!

Message 5/10             11-Nov-00  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: Just an idea...

phunkytek

access/waldorf did it for TDM with the virus. I think ther is more money in hardware based synths. The OS is what makes the sound, and it is certainly feasable, but novation makes classy synths, not software. I think TDM is the way to go beacause you can get the money for it. But Native or pulsar is small time. The price tag is to0o low. I'm sure they have thought about it. Your like me. i'm always thinking stuff like this. I finish MY CIS degree in may, and I would love to go into product development. It's creative and technical. I really want to do large scale movie and recording studio network and database design and implimentation.

Message 6/10             13-Nov-00  @  12:58 AM   -   RE: Just an idea...

Rzo

Yeah, I wouldnt want anything to take away from the DSP power of the engine. Anyone know of a good oscilliscope program for PC. ie: one that doesnt have a bunch of psychedelic colors shooting off every where?

Message 7/10             13-Nov-00  @  01:14 AM   -   RE: Just an idea...

k

why doncha just buy an old oscilliscope, i used to have one wired into my masters, wicked visuals, used to impress the clients too !!

Message 8/10             13-Nov-00  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: Just an idea...

r-tek

Link?: Link

I think you can get freeware jobbies that run on your puter.

Message 9/10             13-Nov-00  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: Just an idea...

r-tek

Link?: Link

there goes.

Message 10/10             13-Nov-00  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: Just an idea...

Rude Bwoy

Cthuga was the pyschedelic one from a few years back wasn't it? I bet they're even more loopy now.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)