aaa Problems at powerup-Nova II - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Problems at powerup-Nova II

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             07-Sep-00  @  08:41 PM   -   Problems at powerup-Nova II

GaryPeaslee

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

My Nova II frequently "freezes up" when I turn turn the power on. The display will not be a complete readout and the only buttons lit are all six "Part Edit" buttons. So far, powering down and re-powering up have worked, but I have also had arp patterns "freeze up", too. Global midi control is set to internal.Any ideas?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             07-Sep-00  @  08:41 PM   -   Problems at powerup-Nova II

GaryPeaslee

My Nova II frequently "freezes up" when I turn turn the power on. The display will not be a complete readout and the only buttons lit are all six "Part Edit" buttons. So far, powering down and re-powering up have worked, but I have also had arp patterns "freeze up", too. Global midi control is set to internal.Any ideas?

Message 3/10             08-Sep-00  @  03:42 AM   -   RE: Problems at powerup-Nova II

Phill

Your unit appears to have a hardware problem. Please return it for service

Phill

Message 4/10             08-Sep-00  @  03:42 AM   -   RE: Problems at powerup-Nova II

Phill

Your unit appears to have a hardware problem. Please return it for service

Phill

Message 5/10             08-Sep-00  @  09:58 PM   -   RE: Problems at powerup-Nova II

GaryPeaslee

Oh oh. I was afraid of that. Should I ship it back to Novation in the UK, or can I get it serviced here in the Boston, Massachusetts area?

What is the procedure/policy for service? I just bought this in July, and have fallen in love with it, despite its idiosyncrasies.

Message 6/10             11-Sep-00  @  04:39 AM   -   RE: Problems at powerup-Nova II

Phill

Contact Novation USA. Details are on our site to Toll free phone number.

Email is salesusa@novationusa.com

Message 7/10             11-Sep-00  @  07:28 PM   -   RE: Problems at powerup-Nova II

GaryPeaslee

Thanks, Phill. Cheers.

Message 8/10             12-Sep-00  @  03:07 AM   -   RE: Problems at powerup-Nova II

SPiKE

My new Supernova II Rack - appears to be suffering from the same problem - ie power it up, no LCD screen activity, power down and power up again, everything is fine. The problem appears to be intermittent but happens more often than not.

I am a bit concerned as this problem clearly extends to Nova II Keyboards aswell.

Has anyone had this problem with SuperNova II keyboards?

Message 9/10             16-Sep-00  @  12:58 PM   -   RE: Problems at powerup-Nova II

bmarshalsea

Link?: Link

I had this problem with my Supernova. Sometimes nothing, sometimes it would freeze, but the most interest was the pretty flashing light effect it would sometimes produce.

Novation were pretty quick about it, although the shipping company lost mine!
That was over the Christmas period as well! Took them about a week I think.

Got a spanking new Supernova out of it though, V3B2 already loaded etc... ;-)

Message 10/10             18-Sep-00  @  07:19 AM   -   RE: Problems at powerup-Nova II

SPiKE

Novation think it may have something to do with power up. If you power up from the mains or the front panel...

However, I checked this and everything was working fine at the weekend...whether powered up from the mains or not...hmm...scratch of head.....

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)