aaa using filter on audio-input - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: using filter on audio-input

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             01-Aug-00  @  12:09 PM   -   using filter on audio-input

sefpow

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

HeYa guys! I, ve read the manual and still i´m not getting any filtering when using amic on input 1 or 2. I´ve put the effects menu of the part on programm and input1 and so on. Is there a menu to turn filter on or off for the inputs? (Damn!) Besides do I need a voice from the nova to make my voice robotiv using the vocoder?
AS a carrier or such ? :-((
Ciao and Hang loose, Seff

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             01-Aug-00  @  12:58 PM   -   RE: using filter on audio-input

lightyear

Try the special button in the oscillator section under waveform.
Not sure if this is it, but it may do the trick.

Message 3/11             01-Aug-00  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: using filter on audio-input

sefpow

Thanx, but it still doesn not work! What the f... did I miss?

Message 4/11             02-Aug-00  @  01:18 AM   -   RE: using filter on audio-input

phunkytek

Link?: Link

the synth has to be triggered at the time the voice is being input. If you want just voice, turn the vocoder knob all the way up, If you want to filter just a voice, you use the special in the wave forms area. go to the osc section, and push special. in the matrix push mix and turn the level on all the other oscillators to zero and the level of the special osc wave to 127, which for now is only audio in. Now when you hold down a key an talk you can filter the vocal or run effects on it. Brett

Message 5/11             04-Aug-00  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: using filter on audio-input

lightyear

Cool Phunkytek! Has Phill said if they are fixing the trigger thing in the next OS?

Message 6/11             04-Aug-00  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: using filter on audio-input

roller8

I believe that is one of the first things they were changing if I recall correctly. I can hardly wait for that feature as it would make it faster and less tedious to use. But in the meantime I draw hand draw in a long note and hit record on the sequencer. Good luck.

Message 7/11             04-Aug-00  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: using filter on audio-input

sefpow

I must say this filter thing is a bunch of crap! The only thing that is getting filtered is the restwaveform of osc 1.(vocoder carrier) I mean real filtering like completely killing the hi frequency range. I, ve tried everything from drawing notes in sequenzer and running in loop mode. O.K the Synth is being triggered. Now I start talking into the mic and screw the filters - nothing. When I have a good carrier for the vocoder and the voice is getting vocoded nicely
(You have to push up the comb boost alot) you can hear some amount of filter, but not the way it should. Besides the Out-Amp
Envolope isn´t doing anything on the audioinput signal.
I mean do I have to press shift while i´m doing a handstand then press enter and jump in the air three times till it works, or did novation make some kind of a mistake??? Lookin forward to the weekend, you too? Paul v, Dyke in Dorian Gray tonight!

Message 8/11             04-Aug-00  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: using filter on audio-input

RHB

I rekon in the new OS they should keep the triggering, but have an option to turn it off, that way you could use it for gate FX.

Message 9/11             06-Aug-00  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: using filter on audio-input

untheorem

Thanks, i'm doing everything step by step but when i get to try to raise the level of the special osc, the only words i get on the screen is Not Available, Why is that?

Message 10/11             06-Aug-00  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: using filter on audio-input

phunkytek

read my prev thread sefpow.If you want to run audio through the filter, you don't use the vocoder. You must turn the level on osc 1 2 and 3 down useing the mix button and level knob in the modulation area. Then push the special button on the osc section and turn up the mix level for that part and now when you play a key you should here no synth part, but when you put audio in and play, you should get sound. The triggering is also beneficial for gatting audio signals for the a transformer effect.

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)