aaa Va Synths, whats the difference? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Va Synths, whats the difference?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             03-Jun-00  @  03:48 PM   -   Va Synths, whats the difference?

caduceus

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

AN1x, Nova, Virus, what is the difference in how they sound? I have an RM1x and make trance and trance influenced electronica, which would be best for me?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             03-Jun-00  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: Va Synths, whats the difference?

sitar

Link?:  Link

I'm not into trance but I have heard many times that the nova/supernova is excellent for trance. From what I understand Phil McDonald, one of the major sound architects for these synths writes trance himself. I have a Supernova myself and can't get enough of it. It is my main goto synth.

Message 3/11             03-Jun-00  @  10:01 PM   -   RE: Va Synths, whats the difference?

robocop

Link?:  No link

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

I write trance.

There are three things in my studio I couldn't do without - one of them my s/nova..

Don't know why, though.

Life's like that.

Message 4/11             04-Jun-00  @  07:16 AM   -   RE: Va Synths, whats the difference?

sitar

One general thing I like about the SN is that it doesn't look, feel, or act like a toy. Some synths I've tried feel like toys. Doesn't mean they are. The SN, and I'm sure the Nova, is a serious piece of work, but tons of fun to use   The SN has this solid no-nonsense feel to it and the sounds are absolute massive (which is also one of the performance names).

Message 5/11             04-Jun-00  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: Va Synths, whats the difference?

caduceus

Link?: Link

Yeah, I have an RM1x and it is like that. I am really looking for something that can make those special sounds, the really huge/lush ones. You can get really good sounds out of the RM1x when you know your way around it, but nothing like a VA. I have demoed the JP8000, it sounded huge, is the super/nova as good in terms of sound, I know it whips it in terms of poly/multi.

Message 6/11             04-Jun-00  @  04:32 PM   -   RE: Va Synths, whats the difference?

sitar

Go to the Dancetech Selektor above. Choose Synth. Then go to the synths list and analog poly. Click on the supernova link and read the review. That review is what convinced me to pick one up. I think there is a nova link there too. If you could get your hands on one for long enough to play around with it, that wouldn't hurt.

Message 7/11             04-Jun-00  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: Va Synths, whats the difference?

Pedro

The JP8080 really is one great trance-mashine. The downside is that itīs limited with two parts. The supernova is usefull if you donīt have many synths and need a workhorse. I have them both and I love both mashines. Go to your nearest dealer and try them out. Try the Virus as well. Make sure itīs a Virus with OS3. Thereīs a big difference from the earlier os-versions.
Itīs harder than the other VAīs on the market.

Message 8/11             05-Jun-00  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: Va Synths, whats the difference?

caduceus

What I really need is a workhorse synth as at present the RM1x is my only gear, I just wondered about the JP8000 becasue it sounded so good when I tried it

Message 9/11             05-Jun-00  @  03:39 PM   -   RE: Va Synths, whats the difference?

Pedro

If you need a workhorse. Go for the new nova-II/supernova-II or the Virus-b. The JP8080 sounds good but is limited.

Message 10/11             06-Jun-00  @  02:51 AM   -   RE: Va Synths, whats the difference?

Marcel from Brussel

The JP is limited but cheaper, try also the AN1x, great arp, FM sounds,the pads and basses are awesome. I use it with a nova. Both have different character and qualities.

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)