aaa which ol' one? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: which ol' one?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             21-Oct-00  @  05:06 PM   -   which ol' one?

ellipsis

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

what synths are like the 202 but without that nasty memory-loosing disability? (disk loading is fine, prefferably dinsync 24, but midi would do.)

no, i dont want to spend a $1,000 on a 303 (i dont even want a 303.. dont like the sequencer)

so far, just the technosaurus pair seems most feasible.. but does anyone know if there are absolute pitches (the knobs go from 0 to +5 V and that is all i know about the sequencer's nobbs)

thanks!

Aerahn

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             22-Oct-00  @  09:49 AM   -   RE: which ol' one?

H

Link?:  No link

You won't have memory loss w/ technosauras it's already lost it.get the microcon II ,and the cyclodon when you want absolute pitches use the midi,in betweens use da don.Or you could get a guitar tuner and work out what notes are where on the don.But it is analog gear so if the ambient temperature changes those notes might not be in the same places.The circuitry should stay pretty stable if you allow the gear to warm up 30 mins prior to use.You just have to tweak it a lil bit from there.16 knobs on sequencer is pitch and gate I'm assuming.I'm sure it would open up possibilities you could only dream of for a single OSC monosynth.
I have my eyes on that setup.

Is that a synthesizer in your pocket

Message 3/12             22-Oct-00  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: which ol' one?

Aaron

already lost it  

if i get the micron II then i have to buy a midi sequencer   i mean i could get a micron II and a qy-70... but, well, i mean, it just doesnt see right, you know?

thanks for the guitar tuner idea.

do you know of any other synths?

aaron

Message 4/12             23-Oct-00  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: which ol' one?

r-tek

Link?: Link

aaron, I cant help with a synth, but check the website above - that guy has all the info needed to make a very cheap midi to dinsync convertor yerself along with a 909 and whatnot.

I thought it might help anyway.

Message 5/12             23-Oct-00  @  12:24 AM   -   RE: which ol' one?

aaron

i am trying to avoid midi  

Message 6/12             24-Oct-00  @  12:02 AM   -   RE: which ol' one?

hank

Use the link and look at the synths up there make sure you click on" other synths".If you're trying to avoid midi i would advise you if you're in the states to click on that link and the next two I post.Email me if you have questions and I'll do my best to answer them.These are stateside links that follow.

voltage has endless possibilities.

Message 7/12             24-Oct-00  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: which ol' one?

H

retailer that has doepfer,analog solutions,touched by sound,analog systems,sherman filter banks

If you call contacts name is Doug

Message 8/12             24-Oct-00  @  12:08 AM   -   RE: which ol' one?

H

I think you know bout this one but just in case.

Have fun w/ CV gate gear just make sure it's the same volt/octave to be compatible.

You can buy new gear from those guys also K has it hidden in the selektor but you can click on new analog and there are links there too.HE NEEDS TO MAKE THEM EASIER TO FIND

-;) wink wink nudge nudge.(k)

Message 9/12             24-Oct-00  @  12:12 AM   -   RE: which ol' one?

H

if you get into non midi no memory gear real heavy a polaroid or other instant camera is a good thing to have just check the picture b4 you go changing knobs because shadows can fuck with your "presets".

I'll shut up now.

Message 10/12             24-Oct-00  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: which ol' one?

aaron

i an getting an arp oddyssey.. any comments?

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)