aaa HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             26-Sep-00  @  02:20 PM   -   HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

swanofnever

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

sorry, i just got my virus A in the mail today, man this is the shit, i'm so fucking happy, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

sorry.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             27-Sep-00  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

99devils

Congratualtions. The Virus certainly does rock.

-Craig

Message 3/12             27-Sep-00  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

swanofnever

yeah, my girlfriend + i spent all last night checking it out... all my other synths are really simple (single osc, single env, etc.) i've got some learning to do but DAMN!

anyway i'll shut up now, i'm sure i'll post more once i have time to really get to work on it...

Message 4/12             27-Sep-00  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

99devils

It's not that hard... Try restricting yourself to the front panel knobs until you say to yourself "Gee, I wonder how you do..." - That's the best way to get to know it.

-Craig

Message 5/12             27-Sep-00  @  04:56 PM   -   RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

r-tek

your GF is remotely interested in your gear? Damn, can I borrow her for a while? I`ll swap you for mine, shes very nice.

Message 6/12             27-Sep-00  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

swanofnever

yeah, well we moved in together (basement of this house we + a bunch of friends are renting) and since the studio currently occupies a good 30-40% of our bedroom, AND since over the summer i managed to go from a couple samplers + fx to a fairly full studio, i sort of could use the extra pair of hands (the virus is the only thing i can really control via midi, everything else has to be real-timed)

plus she was always after me to explain things, so over the past few months i've been teaching her synthesis/sampling/etc. and now we're into music theory... which is surprisingly frustrating, it takes a non-musician to show you how little you actually know and how much is pure intuition (i.e "so _why_ are C2 and C4 sort of the same note?" "um... well... when you go up an octave the pitch is doubled... um...")

she's an artist so thus far i've been able to explain things using visual metaphors. i'm actually really surprised how damn good she is at learning this shit... sorry, she's wicked. no trades.

unless you've got a virus b you'd like to get rid of  

Message 7/12             28-Sep-00  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

r-tek

no virus b, but I have a tx81z here which is exactly the same thing sans knobs, honest ;) Nah, I wouldn`t swap missus r-tek either, she puts up with me which says a lot really.

Message 8/12             28-Sep-00  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

99devils

Anyone know which shops stock the Missus? My local Guitar Center doesn't stock one, and my last one vanished without a trace a year and a half ago  

He heh...

-Craig

Message 9/12             28-Sep-00  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

batcrack

yeah, my girlfriend is really into the stuff as well... can you beleive she was pissed at me for getting a virus b instead of waiting for an indigo? actually, wait, im pissed at myself! DOH!

Message 10/12             30-Sep-00  @  02:15 PM   -   RE: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

pascal

my girlfriend ,..has no interest for my equipment ,..only for my music

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)