aaa ER-1 Midi implementation - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: ER-1 Midi implementation

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             07-Jul-00  @  02:33 AM   -   ER-1 Midi implementation

rwakelin

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've got an ER-1, which I like, but I have a question about the MIDI implementation.

I use the ER-1's programs as a kind of scratch-pad, but I want to do my "real editing" in a software sequencer. So what I want to do is MIDI dump the part settings of the ER-1 to sequencer so I can restore them from the PC before play-back (like a performance dump in Roland speak). But there doesn't seem to be a facility for this. It seems that I have to reselect the same program in the ER-1 to recover the sounds and hence I have to take care to preserve programs in the ER-1...

Am I missing something? Has someone found a way around this?

Rich

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             07-Jul-00  @  07:27 AM   -   RE: ER-1 Midi implementation

Maarten

Link?:  Link

I have no answer but I'm damn curious.

Message 3/12             07-Jul-00  @  08:26 AM   -   RE: ER-1 Midi implementation

Rich

In case I wasn't clear - I just want to back-up the "drum-kit" that is saved in a pattern. You can of course dump the whole pattern memory via Midi (256 patterns) - but that's a time-consuming process.

You could also record a tweak of each knob for each part in a program before starting playback - bet again that's a slow-way of taking a snapshot of the drum settings.

Anyone?

Rich

Message 4/12             18-Jul-00  @  04:47 PM   -   RE: ER-1 Midi implementation

norsez

Link?: Link

I wrote a program for the Electribes (www.geocities.com/norsez/mysoftwares.html).
And from my experiments and talking to
a lot of my program users, nobody has successfully
dump and reuse that dump data so far. I think it's a big bug
that Korg needs to look into.

Message 5/12             07-Aug-00  @  03:10 AM   -   RE: ER-1 Midi implementation

jj

whats hard about preserving your patterns on the er? Not being an ass, but, is it hard?

Message 6/12             01-Sep-00  @  09:16 AM   -   RE: ER-1 Midi implementation

norsez

Link?:  Link

It's easy. But it's not working. For some reason, the ER-1 won't recognize the sysex that it dumps. Yeah,...I know. They need a fug bix.

Message 7/12             20-Sep-00  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: ER-1 Midi implementation

phunkytek

there is an editor you can use to record knob movments from the er1 and ea1. It uses hubbi's loopback to input into a sequencer program. Technicaly you could record knob tweeks via the mouse, while the er was hooked up by setting the record channel in the sequencer to the out channel going to the er unit. You simply select the loopback port in your sequencer to the same output port selected in the editor. This way no dumps. Use one patch on the er unit and simply edit it into the sequencer then playback the sysex and the unit will do what you want. e-mail me and I'll send it to anyone interested.

Message 8/12             21-Sep-00  @  01:28 PM   -   ER-1 and Fruity Loops

zzzend26

I'm trying to get my ER-1 to be the master sync for FruityLoops 2.7. Fruity loops can sync OK, but cant play in .Wav mode... any sugestions?

Message 9/12             21-Sep-00  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: ER-1 Midi implementation

phunkytek

pc's are better at generating midi clock than following. So syn the er-1 up to fruityloops. Doesn't fruityloops have a clock settimg to send MC to a port and channel? then make the er-1 the slave

Message 10/12             22-Sep-00  @  09:03 AM   -   RE: ER-1 Midi implementation

zzzend26

It seems that Fruity sends MIDI sync, and the ER-1 is looking for MIDI clock...

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)