aaa Dear Novation - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Dear Novation

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             27-Sep-00  @  06:38 AM   -   Dear Novation

t. alant.less

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ive just bought your blue box,turned it on and now iam looking at it ,cant play it to save me life and have no musical skill what so ever but want to be a famous muso,so could Phill and kilo come round and make a hit tune for me and let me take all the credit and cash
for it.
yours hopefully
T.ALANT.LESS

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             27-Sep-00  @  10:58 AM   -   RE: Dear Novation

psylichon

exactly what point are you trying to make? 'cause I think you failed at it.

psylichon

Message 3/12             28-Sep-00  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: Dear Novation

Martin L

Link?: Link

I think he is making irony on other lamers threadz, like " How do I make trance music ? " n stuff like that...right?!

Message 4/12             30-Sep-00  @  04:30 AM   -   RE: Dear Novation

JeremyBellbottoms

Why would anyone shell out the kind of dough these synths cost and take an attitude like Mr. T.Alant.Less and smear it all over us on this forum.

I, personally, have limited music skills and have not worked with electronic music equipment since the late 70's when Moog, ARP and the original Oberheim synths ruled the scene.

I have been absorbing all the information I can get my hands on about MIDI and the digital music scene. My attitude is that I want to learn as much as I can about this equipment, twiddle the knobs, play with the presets and create my own sounds.

I chose Novation over all the other synths out there because there's an incredible amount of synthesizing power in the package. What you do with it is everyone's personal gig.

You have a poor attitude, Mr. T. Alant.Less. If you can afford to spend that kind of money to "just sit and look at the blue box", and then post your senseless banter on this forum, then in my opinion, Sir, you have more money than brains,

Message 5/12             01-Oct-00  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: Dear Novation

sitar

Link?:  Link

Jeremy, hats off to you. I have a friend who has an arp and several "vintage synths". He's not so much into dance, but rather ambient stuff. Nonetheless, you have some serious backround there. The Novation synths produce, among other things, big analoguishe sounds. I went out and bought a "Webster Hall" cd today just for the hell of it and because I've been to the place. Just a couple of subway stops away. Didn't hear anything on that cd I couldn't amply produce from this blue box taking up 3 rackmount spaces of my rig. Wouldn't give up my Supernova for the world.

Message 6/12             03-Oct-00  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: Dear Novation

phunkytek

With a nova and a multi track set up , there is no style electronic music you could'nt produce. Every machine has limitations, tallented people figure out the strengths and exploit them, and weak MR .T. Lant Less's bitch and moan because they have to think to make music. And thinking and learning is not something they were prepared to do.

Message 7/12             04-Oct-00  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: Dear Novation

DR. Keyergo

t. alant.less was making a joke. I think some should loosen up, and shed the stress of reading/learning, which we all get and try to see the fun and humor in it all. We make music, hopefully because its a construtive, fun, and enjoyable release of emotions.

Message 8/12             04-Oct-00  @  09:41 PM   -   RE: Dear Novation

phunkytek

Dr , there is no reason to be redundant, re-stating the obvious,being verbose and overlr wordy. I was simply injecting my approval and support into that vien of humor. I was taking the kite and putting a longer tail on it. To put it simply......................

Message 9/12             05-Oct-00  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: Dear Novation

pop

you sad people who took this for real and replied and are not clever enough to spot a joke then i hope you make helicopter sounds on your instruments.

Mr Talantless

Message 10/12             05-Oct-00  @  05:14 PM   -   Re: Dear Novation

Smisk

Haha!
Yeah, i was also suprised how many took this guy seriously!
=)
MAKE YOWSELF SOME HELICOPTER SOUNDS AND GROW YOW BEARD INWARDS!

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)