aaa Could you add this in OS4????Please! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Could you add this in OS4????Please!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             21-Jul-00  @  02:20 AM   -   Could you add this in OS4????Please!

lightyear

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I REALLY hope that you could add a rather simple feature in os4.
Could you please make the part edit buttons double as a mini keyboard??? I'm not talking velo,after, sensitive. It's just I have a nova and would like to sit in front of the tube and make new patches without lugging my 30lb controller around with me. Please consider it, or even just the compare button plays a set key, like an audition button on a sampler.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             21-Jul-00  @  05:07 AM   -   RE: Could you add this in OS4????Please!

Kinetik

It's already done !

Part edit buttons play preset notes when in Program Mode.

Message 3/12             21-Jul-00  @  05:31 AM   -   RE: Could you add this in OS4????Please!

k

yeah, on mine you can hit a button and it plays a short phrase of the selected sound.. but um i never noticed if it'll do that whilst in edit mode.. i always have a loop running of the sequencer as i edit.. (the best way)

Message 4/12             21-Jul-00  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: Could you add this in OS4????Please!

lightyear

Mine does NOT do this. The finder button plays a short demo, but the part buttons do nothing in program mode.
Can you please tell me how your doing this. I have OS3, but my nova seems to be messed up a little- read the post"Performance mode crackles".

Message 5/12             21-Jul-00  @  01:27 PM   -   RE: Could you add this in OS4????Please!

k

sorry, maybe that was a bit misleading... i meant in part-edit mode.. it doesnt in fact... so, i've just simply got a midi pattern playing and then flip thu sounds until i find a starting point sound to develop then edit it into what i ant as the pattern plays the sound -

Message 6/12             21-Jul-00  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: Could you add this in OS4????Please!

lightyear

But don't you still have to trigger it via another keyboard? Are you saying have the controller do like a 4 measure loop of 1/4 notes. That would work, but I think it would be soo damn easy to impliment a little keyboard for the part buttons while in program mode. My whole thing was I DON'T want to lug the controller around all the time.

Message 7/12             22-Jul-00  @  03:27 AM   -   RE: Could you add this in OS4????Please!

Kinetik

What I meant was - the code to do this has already been written and will be included in the next OS release.

I may be wrong about this, but wasn't it already there in at least one of the infamous "beta" versions for the SuperNova ?

Message 8/12             22-Jul-00  @  05:09 AM   -   RE: Could you add this in OS4????Please!

Stefan

Link?: Link

btw:
Though useful at certain circumstances I suppose Novation should leave the transmission of program changes to Midi Out in Perf mode away in a future OS.
I have the impression that most users are irritated if program changes during editing of a performance cause other parts or synths to change.

Regards Stefan

Message 9/12             22-Jul-00  @  06:53 AM   -   RE: Could you add this in OS4????Please!

Mickey

Yes. But this should be a _global_ option.

:M:

Message 10/12             22-Jul-00  @  07:37 AM   -   RE: Could you add this in OS4????Please!

Stefan

Even better of course. But hidden very deep in a submenue ;-)

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)