aaa Stuff the industry!!! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Stuff the industry!!!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             11-Oct-00  @  12:12 PM   -   Stuff the industry!!!

jon.s

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

as you all know i bought the SN2kb and as it was totally alien to me it took some time on this forum to come to the conclusion something was wrong with it and not of my own doing.

this was clarified by using it in another studio.

firstly, i can't accept phil (novations) attitude that i should have sent it back as soon as i thought something was wrong. i had to check every possibility including things i really didn't know anything about. so it WAS sent back when i thought something was wrong, ok!!

secondly, DIGITAL VILLAGE UK, who i bought it from have severe customer care problems. i asked them should i send it to novation and they said never, always back to them. so they collected it and i rang them the next day, the manager said he would send it straight off when he got it.

two weeks later i rang to see if there was any news (as they hadn't called me) and i was told "yeah, it's here can i call you back and i'll check it out this afternoon.....what was the problem??".

it had not even left their shop. i expressed my extreme unhappiness and told him to call me back. he rang back and said he couldn't find any problems but as the problems is intermittent continued for the rest of the day.

this was three days ago and they haven't rang back since.

i will phone them today and ask for a refund. my decision then is either to cool down a bit and buy the SNII from somewhere else or more likely save my money.

i'm fed up, i should have known better than to get involved with the shiney faced corporate wan...rs at digital village.

extremely fed up

outtahere

jon.s

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             11-Oct-00  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: Stuff the industry!!!

Stefan

Link?: Link

I guess you're in the US, right ?

This country really seems to be large and empty ;-)
When I first heard that some people in the states have to order their gear online because the nearest dealer is some hundred miles away I couldn't believe it.
So there seems to be one thing the Germans can be glad about: noone has to drive more than 50 miles to arrive at a dealer where he can test, touch, hear a synth AND complain about it if necessary.

Regards

Message 3/13             11-Oct-00  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: Stuff the industry!!!

k

digital village in in Barnet mate, North london... and Stefan ... what if they dont have a car ? in england a train ticket to go 50 miles return is like... alot :-)

Message 4/13             11-Oct-00  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: Stuff the industry!!!

Stefan

Ouch

London then, sorry ;-)

Sometimes I forget that I'm getting old. Made my driving license bout 20 years before it was possible to buy things online ...

Message 5/13             12-Oct-00  @  12:24 PM   -   RE: Stuff the industry!!!

matcellis

I've shopped in there mate, your right about totally disorganised. I actually purchased my Supernova from the same shop, the thing is i got a result out of it, they sent me a Korg N5EX keyboard a couple of days after. :o)

Message 6/13             12-Oct-00  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: Stuff the industry!!!

jon.s

matcellis, they sent you an n5ex free on purpose or by mistake, don't worry i won't tell them, god no!

anyway, all those fancy adverts they have in the mags, stuff 'em. i even found out the other day that my most local store was closed down because digital village had bought them out then shut them.

now i'm resigned to mail order for most definite purchases.

Message 7/13             12-Oct-00  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: Stuff the industry!!!

subzeroX

Link?:  Link

i buy from digital village in west london in acton n my service was wicked
my kaoss pad was all smashed so i rang up n the guy i talk to was pissed so i sent it back n got my bran new one the next day,if u haft order from digital village order from the acton shop hell ill even give u the sales person's name if anyone needs it hes a great guy
nord,nova,kaoss,cfx16 all bought from him

Message 8/13             12-Oct-00  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: Stuff the industry!!!

Rude Bwoy

Thing is.. a Kaoss Pad is peanuts, they're gonna have them stocked up like Toy R Us for all the 'need a new toy' crowd. I can't seem them stocking shitloads of Supernova keyboards if they've just come out. And given the cost of it, they're going to be a bit more careful about considering a swap.

Message 9/13             12-Oct-00  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: Stuff the industry!!!

johnny

Digital Village are all over the bloody place, there's four of 'em in London alone. I've had nothing but hassles from them, and I'll leave it at that.

On the other side of the coin, I've had nothing but joy from Dawsons. Great customer relations over the phone, free next day delivery if you order over the internet.

Message 10/13             13-Oct-00  @  12:27 AM   -   RE: Stuff the industry!!!

GT

.... at least UK shops and zines print the price of the item, something amis stateside.

GT

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)