aaa Sherman - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Sherman

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             13-Jul-00  @  02:38 PM   -   Sherman

komputerkontrolled

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey fellas,

what are your thoughts of the Sherman Filter Bank?

I have considered the Frostwave, MAM Warp 16, the Peavey filter, the silver Stanton, the MAM Rs3, and various synths. Nothing really stokes me that much...

except the Sherman Tank.

Any thoughts or feedback.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             14-Jul-00  @  07:34 AM   -   RE: Sherman

sherman

Link?: Link

i've heard the sherman is a killer machine...

i saw this url posted on analogue heaven a few months back:

www.mp3.com/schism

basically the guy made two "noise" tracks with only a jomox xbase 09 (3 note polyphony) and a sherman filterbank. kinda cool as it shows the type of filtering possible with the sherman...

Message 3/13             14-Jul-00  @  09:43 AM   -   RE: Sherman

pedicelli

Link?: Link

James....fuck the frostwave....the Filterbank is the most powerful thing on the face of the earth....check out the sound samples on Sherman's website...it will totally blow you away. Martin at Technopolis has one mounted right ontop of his TR-909...

"This is coming in........THIS IS COMING OUT!!!"

Message 4/13             14-Jul-00  @  10:01 AM   -   RE: Sherman

ReZo 2k

Lick balls Pedicelli. You can't diss the frostwave cause you haven't even heard it! I have one and I love it to death! Of course in no way does it compare to the Sherman Filterbank, but it sure freaks the shit out of a synth. It makes my CZ-101 sound like pure analog. If you have the cash, snatch up a Filterbank, if not, snatch up a Frostwave. Shit I scored mine for just over a bill. No regrets.

Pete

Message 5/13             14-Jul-00  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: Sherman

swanofnever

well, the filterbank's a really cool piece of gear, but it's also fairly overpriced... if you're in canada, check out

http://www.generation.net/~musicr

and look at the doepfer, or analog solutions, etc. modules... (hell, check it out no matter where you are, but look for a different dealer)

the advantage of modular systems is that you can throw in whatever you want... start off with an iMod case and a couple filters (WAY cheaper than a filterbank), and you can go whatever way you want -- need syncable fx? get a midi-cv unit and an lfo unit... need fucked-upedness? get a multi-mode or triple filter... what you'll end up with (besides an addiction to modulars) is something both more unique and more powerful than the filterbank... cause once you reach its limits and start getting bored, you're fucked...

if you don't want to go that way, personally i'd get 4 frostwaves rather than 1 filterbank any day, it's a good unit but is currently hype-inflated... it depends on if you really need the datf-punk type thang or if you just want a tool for fucking things up....

Message 6/13             14-Jul-00  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: Sherman

pedicelli

Link?:  Link

Pete,

I'm not saying that the Frostwave sucks, it's just like you said...it doesn't compare to the power of the Filterbank. Have you seen the Quadrafilterbank (or something to that effect)...it's like 4 of them in one...

And fucks sake, lick my balls man!! I shaved them for you, nice and smooth. eheheheheheh

Message 7/13             14-Jul-00  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: Sherman

oldskool

You might wanna check the Mutronics Mutator too, expensive but probably better than the Sherman for general purpose mangling.

Message 8/13             14-Jul-00  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: Sherman

komputerkontrolled

Cool,

thanks for the tips kids. Pete your halarious. Swanofnever, thanks for not whining to death this time. And Pedecilli, I talked to Martin yesterday and he gave me the low down on the Sherman, Doepfer A-100 and the MAM shite. I think I'll probably go with the Sherman for now, then pick up a Frostwave in a month or so. If you want to see the biggest slection of pedals known to man, go to WWW.GASPEDAL.COM, they got a every vast selection of pedals, will say that....

Oldschool, I have the Future Music CD and article with the Mutronics Mutator in it. I think the Sherman and the Mutator are the best filters, that I know of.

I really hope with all the cash I am gonna drop that that Sherman will absolutely desintergrate my beats. I want a filter that can mangle, destroy,demolish and seriously squash anthing that I run through it.

I am hoping that it sounds worse than Pedecilli's ass after eating 3 bowls of chili beans and drinking a case of Guiness... I want this filter to squelch, fart, burp and crunch the shite out of everything...

Message 9/13             15-Jul-00  @  11:45 AM   -   RE: Sherman

pedicelli

Link?:  Link

James, man...

My intestinal disease went into remission, so I don't have that problem anymore.  

And man, what's up with Guiness? Black sludge, man...and did'jou know that Brits drink that stuff warm?

And check this...I was over at Technopolis one day fiddling with a mint condition 909 for the first time, and I go to Martin: "Where do you get all this stuff?" And he assures me that everything is completely legal.. Ya, my ass....  

He really should fix up the place. About 2/3 of the place is still concentrated for his guitar equipment. All the techno stuff is cramed into a corner, and then you go up 2 steps and it's his studio with more gear (mostly Doepfer stuff) on display.

To the left of the main desk with his computer and 909 is one of those Doepfer MIDI keyboards. Did'jou know that bloody 76 key thing costs over $700.00 USD?? What a freaking rip. That thing must have gold internals or something. But if you want a really good quality MIDI keyboard, use a Prophecy. MIDI implementation out of it's ass. Only problem is it's only got 37 keys, but for monophonic stuff I guess it suffices.

Message 10/13             17-Jul-00  @  04:38 AM   -   RE: Sherman

skot_e

Hmmmn... Modular!

:-}

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)