aaa Noise Reduc tion Plug In from Sonic Foundry - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Noise Reduc tion Plug In from Sonic Foundry

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14             21-Aug-00  @  02:49 PM   -   Noise Reduc tion Plug In from Sonic Foundry

komputerkontrolled

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

does anyone have this? How much would your charge me for it?

thanks, James

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             22-Aug-00  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: Noise Reduc tion Plug In from Sonic Foundry

pedicelli

Link?:  Link

Dude, I told you, I have it. But I prefer to use Cool Edit Pro.

Message 3/14             22-Aug-00  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: Noise Reduc tion Plug In from Sonic Foundry

komputer

Yeah well I don't!

Jesus, lay off the Shlitz, cheap ass beer.

Also, I said to wrap those files up and send that shite. I don't like how you got them in two pieces.

You want to corrupt my new 30gig or what?

PS. I got the plug in this afternoon, thanks.

Message 4/14             22-Aug-00  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: Noise Reduc tion Plug In from Sonic Foundry

ReZo

SF Sound Forge doesn't even compare to Cool Edit Pro IMHO. I have both and for some reason (could be something I did wrong but what?) when I record into Cool Edit Pro, I get a really crystal clear sound but when I record into Sound Forge the sound quality is really shitty. Plus Cool Edit Pro is more user friendly. Just my opinion though, not that you care. = )

Pete

Message 5/14             22-Aug-00  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: Noise Reduc tion Plug In from Sonic Foundry

pedicelli

Recording audio with my sound card and Cool Edit Pro is like playing the lottery. Sometimes I get the worst feedback hiss, and sometimes it comes out crystal clear. Really need that new SB Live! OEM.

Message 6/14             23-Aug-00  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: Noise Reduc tion Plug In from Sonic Foundry

oldskool

If you get the SB Live! Don't use the Creative Labs drivers use the EMU APS one. Outperforms it in every way.

Message 7/14             23-Aug-00  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: Noise Reduc tion Plug In from Sonic Foundry

komputerkontrolled

I got the Plug In installed and I am not jumping for joy about it. The Clicks and Pops tool is wicked, but you have to find use the "Get Noiseprint" function and referrence that as smaple of silence. WHATt?T?? I am not sure bout how it supposed to werk, but it's not putting a smile on my face.

Now, is Cool Edit Pro similar? I wish there was some damn button that said Noise Reduction and be done with it...

BTW, do you guys Normalize all your tracks? Sorry, for the 3rd grade digital audio questions.

Message 8/14             23-Aug-00  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: Noise Reduc tion Plug In from Sonic Foundry

komputerkontrolled

A. Pedecilli,

how long have I known you? 2/3 years now. Once you get an idea in your head, you don't quit. Damn.

What's the deal with the OEM shite? Your gonna drop $1200+ on some fresh new komputer and then your gonna skimp on the card. What the hell?

Somedays, I don't know if I should hug you or punch you  

Message 9/14             24-Aug-00  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: Noise Reduc tion Plug In from Sonic Foundry

pedicelli

OEM is not a big deal, it's a good way to save money. You just don't get the box and major software. You get the card and drivers, that's it...I need nothing more.

Message 10/14             24-Aug-00  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: Noise Reduc tion Plug In from Sonic Foundry

James

bah,

just please send me Cool Edit man. I might have another brand newT-Shirt for you   I am going to San Fran this next weekend and I might pick up some new things.

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)