aaa Rebirth 338 2.0 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Rebirth 338 2.0

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15             31-May-00  @  05:30 PM   -   Rebirth 338 2.0

cristina

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I just picked up Rebirth 338 2.0 by the propeller heads. What great program. I get 2-tb-303's,one tr-808 and one tr-909. It may not be a tb-303,but it sure sounds good and is easy to program. My only complaint and it probably relates to the real tb is that I can't filter my own sounds through the 16 step sequencer. I plan on syncing it to my ensoniq asr-10 that is fully expanded via midi. But it seems like I may be needing some sort of arpeggiator anyway. I am looking at the roland xp-10 for that. One day perhaps I will invest in a real tb,but right know 170 spent sure feels alot better then 1000.
I have also been looking at Acid Foundry. Any experience with this program lay it on me.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             31-May-00  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 338 2.0

ReZo

Link?: Link

Cristina,

Yes, ReBirth is a great program. One of the best out. The TB's sound pretty good for software emulation, that is until you get a real TB. After you get a real TB, you can hear a real difference. I have a ReBirth section on my website, feel free to check it out. I have some super old not so great tracks I did that you can download.

As far as filtering your own sounds, you can buy a cheap filter to do that. I have a Frostwave Resonance filter that I picked up for just over a bill. I also have an ASR-10 and it really sucks that it doesn't have a resonant filter. I'm actually thing about selling it or trading it for an Akai MPC 2000 but I might regret it cause the ASR is such a dope sampler.

Now...ACID...this is really a great program. Since I picked up ACID and Cool Edit Pro, I never use my ASR-10, except to sequence a few of my synths. ACID is a must have. I use it alot and it always works well. You must have a good .wav editor so you can freak your samples before you put them into ACID. Like I said, I use Cool Edit Pro, it blows Sound Forge away in my opinion.

Anyway, I hope I wrote what you wanted to read.

~Pete

Message 3/15             01-Jun-00  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 338 2.0

H

Pete,I checked out your jungle tracks on mp3.com and I have a pointer for you on those snare rolls.Check out over in beat programming the 2 step thread.It has some cool explanations of the syncopation and timing used in reggae/ragga/drum'n'bass.Other than those rolls it was pretty dope.Is there a breakbeat scene in the bay area?135-145 bpm

Message 4/15             01-Jun-00  @  10:01 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 338 2.0

ReZo

Thanks man. Yeah those wanna be dnb tracks didn't come out so well. Thats why I just put them on mp3.com instead of doing anything serious with 'em.

It's funny that you ask if the bay area has a breakbeat scene....the bay area is very famous for breakbeats and bass. Artists like the Bassbin Twins, Bassco, Bass Kittens, DJ Dan, Jim Hopkins (Electroliners - "Loose Caboose") who are very famous in the breakbeat scene are from Frisco. We have also have the Ghost Tribe Krew who spins nothing but breakbeat and drum n bass and the up and rising DJ Madame Mercury (Mad Merc), the female breakbeat dj is tearing shit up. There's so many breakbeat producers and dj's here in the bay that I can't even think of any more specific names.

Breakbeats with acid basslines is what I live for!

~Pete

Message 5/15             01-Jun-00  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 338 2.0

hank

I knew that you had one 3 yrs. ago but I moved to NC from Tampa and that pretty much killed all my joy.I can't go back to TPA until I get some things right down there.To make a long story short I'm looking for some relocation.Everyone here is too new to the scene for me.I don't know much about Frisco but I love living by the water(not a drop here)It just makes me feel like everyday is a vacation.This creates a great mental enviroment for me to get shit done.What's rent like there?Are there metro trains that can get you around?I live for this shit man.If I was to move out,do you think you could show me what's up w/ that area?On average how many breakz parties are there a week?In TPA you could usually so much to do that there wasn't that much time for sleep.I'm talkin 3 or 4 parties goin off somewhere in the bay area every night.There were actually alot more but I'm talkin strictly breakbeat business.Man I thought I was going to have to just learn to accept the fact that There was nowhere else like it.It must be that people are funky near bays.I guess it's all that driving around and across water to get where you need to go.Sorry about all the questions.I just don't ever wan't to have to move somewhere lame again I'm too old to waste another second,much less get stuck for 3 yrs. again.I hope you didn't sell your 777,this thing is acid,mine came 2 dayz ago.

Message 6/15             01-Jun-00  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 338 2.0

H

The above is for Pete.sorry bout that.

Message 7/15             01-Jun-00  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 338 2.0

ReZo

Frisco is the place to be if your into electronic music...period. It's full of different styles. About the rent, well, thats where it sucks. It's so over fucking crowded here that it ain't even funny. Houses are literally stacked on top of one another. The bay area also has the highest cost of living and gas prices in the entire United States! Yes, there is a metro train. It's called "BART", Bay Area Rapid Transit. It goes all over the bay area and its clean, not like the one in Chicago, believe me I've been on it, and the one in New York. If you come out, I'd definilty show you around. There's parties like every night in the city.

Nope, I didn't sell the 777. I don't use it as much as I should but I don't think it will ever leave my studio.

~Pete

Message 8/15             01-Jun-00  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: Rebirth 338 2.0

H

Don't try to be funny on this website it's a dead serious zone.If someone would have said something interesting in that 48hr. period I was just trying to get somebody to respond so I can tell how many people are in the analog korner.Unfourtunately it seems to me that one of the more experienced people up here(komputer kontrolled)has had his feelings hurt because I'm not real enough for him..............whatever.I think he's upset because I wouldn't go after that guy who used to come up here and make fun of everybody.As for high rent give me a figure I can work with here a 1 bedroom apt. somewhere that bums aren't going to swarm me,1 or 2 is fine but man I lived in the ghetto in atlanta and they used to come up to me and go hey white boy what you doin here.I'd just kind of look at them funny and say I'm the only white motherfucker stupid enough to live here and most of the time they eould laugh and ask me if I wanted any hard(crack).I've done that about 5 times now.I'd rather just pay a little more rent.You would be surprised @ how much they charge in that city full of idiots called raleigh that's why I haven't bothered moving up there.I have some fat sony DVCAM broadcast gear and an NLE(final cut pro w/media cleaner pro and sorenson broadcaster live streaming software)Not bad for a retard huh?(that's what kkkomputer kkkontrolled called me)

DON'T SELL that 303 either at least not until I'm out there.

Message 9/15             02-Jun-00  @  03:37 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 338 2.0

909 Inc.

Living in the Bay Area is nice. Next to
the ocean close to the mountains. At
a 1 bedroom apt. , you're looking at
anywhere from 400 and up. In
Sacramento, (60 miles East of SF),
rent is like half the price, they have
their own music scene as well as
record shops. So that's a cool
alternative. The city is great in a way
that there is a ton of techno artists
there. If you are looking for a cool
place to live, the bay area is definetly
worth checking out. Make sure to let
me or Rezo know if you're coming
out. I've got some live events coming
up that I'm doing.

909 Inc.

Message 10/15             02-Jun-00  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: Rebirth 338 2.0

H

Right On!$400 that isn't shit compared to Raleigh and that stupid research triangle park.Were talking about $650 for 1 bedroom in an area your car is going to get broken into almost weekly.909 inc,Rezo,you guys must be able to imagine being stuck somewhere that there is no hope for the scene.Thanks guys this gives me hope.I really do like being around others who are making trax.I think that's the thing I miss the most about Tampa.Mountains AND Ocean COOLIN'.

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)