aaa SH-101 & novaMod - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: SH-101 & novaMod

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/16             15-Oct-00  @  02:30 PM   -   SH-101 & novaMod

nobody

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

so.. how hard is it to find a SH-101 is good shape, i.e. one that doesn't need to have all pots & sliders replaced, doesn't have bangs & shmangs, and ain'ts been abused essentially. oh & HOW MUCH?? if there's a new novaMod coming i'll do it. i thought they were done (the novaMods) but like i says..

anyone know?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             15-Oct-00  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: SH-101 & novaMod

r-tek

Link?:  No link

well, I`d buy it from a shop where you normally get at least a months warranty so if anythings fucked, they pay. They dont even seem any more epxensive either, least not round these parts. Dunno if the novamod is still available mind, they did say numero 3 would be ready summer of 99.

Message 3/16             16-Oct-00  @  12:41 PM   -   RE: SH-101 & novaMod

Maarten

I've had the luck of getting my hands on a mint one for +/- $400,-.... So basically it depends on a little bit of luck I guess. Oh, and what's a novaMod?

-M-

Message 4/16             16-Oct-00  @  01:06 PM   -   RE: SH-101 & novaMod

subzeroX

ever heard of FX music control?
i bought my 808,202, from there n there in total mint condition
they can get hold of some really rare things n offer a 3month guarantee

Message 5/16             17-Oct-00  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: SH-101 & novaMod

Pongoid

Got a link, phone# or Meatspace coordinate for them?

Ape

Message 6/16             18-Oct-00  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: SH-101 & novaMod

Maarten

It seems you all know, why not tell me?

-M-

Message 7/16             18-Oct-00  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: SH-101 & novaMod

nobody

i DON'T know. wish i did, M  

Message 8/16             18-Oct-00  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: SH-101 & novaMod

subzeroX

there website isnt properly runnin yet but here it is u still get some info on there n if yer in need of buying something ill give u my salepersons email address
www.musiccontrol.co.uk

Message 9/16             18-Oct-00  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: SH-101 & novaMod

nobody

ahhahahahhh.. yes.. Maarten. sorry, i know what a novaMod is. i thought you were also asking if it was still ever possible or something. smart me.

NovaMod rev2.0 Features

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FM of VCF (amount and source selection)
Amazing new sounds are now added through this feature. Six FM sources are available.

Pulse Width Mod source selection
Now you can choose a pulse width source. It is independent from the LFO’s waveform setting. OSC sources are included

External Audio In
The ability to route a signal into the audio path is now provided. Don’t forget feedback loops using headphone out!
Routing of external audio to modulate VCO is now implemented. Now with "Auto Trigger" (Envelope follower-like circuit)...no need to press keys!

Envelope #2 (AR type)
A discrete ARP Odyssey AR envelope can be used to drive the VCA.This free's the ADSR for complex VCF modulations.
Now re-triggers

Pulse width to near 0%
Pulse width effects are now made more extreme and powerful

External LFO Clock input
Syncing the Arpeggiator and LFO to external drum modules and sequencers is now possible. As well, interesting feedback loops can be created.
Even triggers by 1V or less audio signals. (note this works with sharp clock spikes...not triggers with long on-times)

External VCF CV input
Just plug in a foot pedal or a CV from a midi converter and your SH-101 will be more expressive

LFO rate scalar (lo,normal, high)
Ever hear a bell sound out of a 101? Try this on Hi! Want a really slow sweep...you got it too!

VCO mod source selector (LFO or Env.2)
Simply an auto pitchbend-like feature when Env2 is selected. Envelope controls depth of bend..

Manual accent button and amount
An Accent button is added for manual increase of volume. A pot controls amount.

1/4" CV/Gate input/outputs
Aren’t we all tired of those miniphono plugs? They should only exist on walkmans.

1/4" portamento control
Now you can use your computer sequencer and a MIDI to CV converter to create complex sequences with slides. Like a 303 but far more powerful sonically and musically.

1/4" accent control
Now you can use your computer sequencer and a MIDI to CV converter to create complex sequences with accent. Like a 303 but far more powerful sonically and musically.

Overdrive
Overdrive the VCA...inspired from 22Hz's MC-202 mods! This switch saturates the VCA from VCF signal yet VCA gain is compensated to prevent increased gain. The accent button does the gain thing  

Resonance Boost
A switch now enables ear splitting Resonance (the Res slider still works to tame it).

Envelope 1/2 Routing
The VCF and VCA each has its own selector switch to choose Env1 or Env2

Signal to Noise Improved
The inherent hum within SH-101s is now a thing of the past with this circuit correction.
Click here to audition (0.5Sec 101 followed by 0.5Sec NovaMod..both boosted 30dB)

White Noise
A simple snip on Cap C-31 changes the pink noise to white. This makes for brighter leads when mixing a little noise. Also, emulated percussive sounds now sound better.

1/4" PulseWidth control
Now you can use your computer sequencer and a MIDI to CV converter or a Modular control the pulse width of the 101.

Message 10/16             19-Oct-00  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: SH-101 & novaMod

Maarten

You're definately a somebody, Nobody!
A whole world just opened up to me.

Thanks,
-M-

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)