aaa Nova bugs - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nova bugs

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/16             28-Sep-00  @  10:57 AM   -   Nova bugs

iainofarrell

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi there,

I've just purchased a Nova and have discovered a bug or maybe a fault with my machine.
When in performance mode set up a part which sustains ( try Sintillator ) to polyphony: off.
From performance mode hit the demo/finder button with that part selected. As you'd expect there is no sound, because polyphony is off.
But now switch to program mode and you here the end of the demo sound which will infinitly sustain or repeat ( as is the case with the Sintillator sound).
I discovered this when in FX processor perf because all the parts are set to Polyphony : off. It is as if no end note midi message is being supplied.

I have also seen occurances of the power not coming on when switched on!!! Yes it was plugged in.
It tool a couple of attempts at switching on and off to get it going.

Other than this it's a cool machine

Cheers
Iain

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             28-Sep-00  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: Nova bugs

zilch

ehm,
I don't know about the first thing,
but the second is (OFCOURSE!!) something really wrong with your synth and you should take it back if it is annoying...

Message 3/16             30-Sep-00  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: Nova bugs

alish

I've discovered a new bug in the Nova: turn the power on then off, then on again for three times.
Then turn up the TV and your mobile phone.
Switch the poliphony on and off six times for part1 veri fast....incredibly you'll ear a kind of messy sound coming from your speakers, if you put a good microphone in the center of the room....

Simply said:
Is there anybody here who's trying to make music with this machine?

Message 4/16             30-Sep-00  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: Nova bugs

Muchtaken

d0n't feel bad guy, mine shuts off inadvertantly (power supply)...but, ya, i churn choones out.

Message 5/16             02-Oct-00  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: Nova bugs

alish

sorry....can't understand your slang

Message 6/16             03-Oct-00  @  12:24 PM   -   RE: Nova bugs

iainofarrell

Maybe I'm been bit picky about the bugs...probably cause Im a software engineer. But yeah Ive made some cool techno grooves with the box. Need some more gear though. Perhaps a Korg Electribe. Anyone have any thoughts on good partners for the Nova.(Drum machines).

Message 7/16             03-Oct-00  @  12:56 PM   -   RE: Nova bugs

music

Just wanna say the nova rocks for me  

Dont have any sequencing probs whatsoever cos i use a real sequencer rather that a crappy software one. Dont get me wrong, i have cubase vst 5 and vst/24 and whilst they are useful and possibly cheaper than a hardware sequencer, i am a firm beleiver that software can not and will not ever live up to the quality of the hardware equivlents.
For your info i have a Nova, Korg EA-1, Korg ER-1, Korg Triton and a Behringer Mx200 4a desk
Needless to say, i do all sequencing and control everything via the triton which does the job to perfection

Finity

Message 8/16             03-Oct-00  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: Nova bugs

iainofarrell

Does anyone know if its cool to use supernova sound sets on the nova. First hand experience please..

Message 9/16             03-Oct-00  @  03:07 PM   -   RE: Nova bugs

Bernd

Yesterday I bought the Nova Module and I found the Power Supply was made very poor... The synth shut down several times before I tried and opened the Power plug that fits in the Nova... There are five cables inside and they weren't soldered good enough. So I took my soldering iron and fixed the missing contacts. Adding a little contact-cleaner. Ready. It works perfectly.
Try this if you have trouble with "power failures".

Message 10/16             03-Oct-00  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: Nova bugs

phunkytek

I make music with mine. No bugs.

Sustained notes are caused usualy by midi loops. If your sequencer is set to transmit on the port with the unit and you hit demo it may send midi notes out that are coming back and being transmited out again....Loop.. stuck notes

Yes snova programs work in the nova.

And lastly. I can run 128 midi tracks through 8 ports on my pc. Let's see your triton do that. Triton is a nice work station but you oviously have never really used Cubase or you would know it is 10 times as poweful as the triton for sequencing. People who like workstations usually don't do a lot of midi editing and control. Does your triton allow you to record and tranmit nprn's or create custom drum maps, or draw controler data with a mouse, or sync up and run AVI and score for film. .....??? Didn't think so!

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)